Okay, here's little man's mapron/manpron?!?!? Y'all, he was so sweet about it! He is really such a doll! Sometimes, we just really, really, really believe that we have the sweetest children! When I tell my son that he is the sweetest little boy ever, and he corrects me and says, "Mommy, Jesus was the sweetest boy ever!" Can't argue with that!!!!
I searched and searched the internet. There are sooooooooo many talented people out there! I wish that I could post some of the inspiration -- but I don't have any permission. Etsy was, by far, the largest source. Wow! After all of that...... I ended up remembering that we bought a little canvas apron (in Georgia) for little man (smacking my head, here!) I layed it out on a large piece of construction paper and outlined (with the help of a ruler); cut it out; layed the "pattern" on the folded material; and cut it out (leaving a seam allowance.)
This is the top part of the apron, unfolded.
I added a blue chambray "strip" to the bottom (for growing room) then cut & sewed 3 - 20" strips for the waist ties and neck strap. I sewed a button on the top inside of the apron and sewed/cut two button holes in the strap. I thinking it needs something more -- maybe pockets......... but I'm not sure? I'm working on another project. One that involves these:
I searched and searched the internet. There are sooooooooo many talented people out there! I wish that I could post some of the inspiration -- but I don't have any permission. Etsy was, by far, the largest source. Wow! After all of that...... I ended up remembering that we bought a little canvas apron (in Georgia) for little man (smacking my head, here!) I layed it out on a large piece of construction paper and outlined (with the help of a ruler); cut it out; layed the "pattern" on the folded material; and cut it out (leaving a seam allowance.)
This is the top part of the apron, unfolded.

Our angel babies newborn footprints............
Oldest daughter's handprints through the years......
Younger daughter's handprints through the years...........
And little man's handprints, through the years, of course!
Y'all, thank you so much for checking back with me and for all of the so sweet comments that you left. I hope this wasn't too much of a let down. I just can't sew anything fancy. Thank you all, again!
Many Blessings,
Julie

12 comments:
Julie....what a wonderful project...you did a great job. You are very talented.
The hand and footprints are so sweet.
Your son's comment was precious.
So many blessings.
Hugs,
Pam
What a darling! His sweetness just shines through that smile.
Love the little hand & footprints idea. So clever.
Blessings,
Lea
Love the manpron/apron it is so cute and looks absolutely great on your son. Love his big smile.
Love the little hand and feet prints. What a great idea, I also have little hand prints from my son, though I did'nt think to make feet prints.
Thanks for stopping by please come back to visit again.
Hugs:)
Irma
What a little sweetie you have! That apron looks great! I really want to try making one too. Love those little foot and hand prints. I can't wait to see what you do with them!
I love it! And it looks like the little man is pretty pleased with it too!
I can't wait to see what you do with the handprints.
That apron is so cute and so is your little man!
Hugs,
Robin
Julie, the handprints are the most precious things I've seen in a long time! I'm smacking myself in the head wondering why I never thought about that. I love it!
The apron is so cool too, very boyish. Your little man is a doll.
Hello Julie! Your son's apron turned out so cute...but what is even cuter is him!!!!! What a sweetheart and his comment about Jesus is precious! You are teaching your children well Julie. Love their "growing" handprints! Priceless! Love ya! Maryjane
What an awesome idea!!!
Stacy
Julie, your blog is never a let down! I always love to come and visit your cheerful place. Just love the little man's apron. He has such a sweet smile! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings,Kathleen
Hi Julie! Thanks for the heads up on "Hydrangea's" over at MaryJane's Farm! Farmgirls Rule!!! Have a wonderful weekend dear Julie! Hugs, Maryjane
Hello Julie! It's me again! I just "bumped" Hydrangea's up at MaryJane's Farm! Thought since they are blooming why not read/talk about them! heehee! Thanks sweet Julie! Hugs, Maryjane
Post a Comment