Thursday, April 24, 2008

Veggie Tales

The other day, my husband and I went grocery shopping -- alone -- well, besides the 100's of other shoppers!!! I guess what I mean is that the children didn't go with us! On the way home, I jumped when I heard my purse singing, "Because I am ex-trem-e-ly hung-gry...but I guess I can wait un-til theeeeennnnn......'cause you're his cheeseburger, his yummy cheeseburger..."

And then I started to giggle, because I had forgotten that I had made that my ringtone from the children. They're always with us, so it never rings that ringtone! I put it on my playlist (if you have your volume up -- you're probably wondering what in the world?!?!?!)

You just gotta love veggie tales! I first heard "The Cheeseburger Song" from this movie:

It was during one of their Silly Song breaks........ I laughed and laughed...... I kind of scared the children because I was laughing so hard (and they weren't used to hearing me laugh -- especially not like that -- I mean doubled over, tears pouring out, can't breathe laughing!) But then THEY started laughing and started telling everyone about Mommy laughing. (The people they were telling didn't see the 'biggie' because they didn't know that I grew up not laughing -- or crying -- outwardly, anyway.) Then, the children started fast-forwarding (it's a VHS tape!) to the cheeseburger song just to watch me!!! I had to beg them to stop, they were killing me -- you've heard of "dying laughing"? I almost did!

This is a great soundtrack, especially if you have little ones. A couple of our favorites are: "God is Bigger", "The Hairbrush Song", "The WaterBuffalo Song", and "Busy, Busy"We bought Jr. Asparagus for our little boy (when he was a baby!) He lights up (like a glow worm) and sings, "God is Bigger -- than the boogeyman!" Actually, he only says, "Na na nana, nana, na na naaaaa" and our son used to call him, "Na Na" It was sooooooo sweet!!! Why do our babies have to grow up so fast?!?!?Those little Christian veggies have played a part in our lives for years and even though we aren't regular watchers, anymore.......their messages and songs come up on a VERY regular basis! I hope that you already know them, if not, check your local Christian Book Store, library, video store, or Christian Book Distributors !

Many Blessings,

Julie

8 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh where is my hairbrush?

A family classic around here. My kids grew up on Veggie Tales, before Veggie Tales were even a household name.
Blessings~
Cathy

Pam said...

"This is a song about a boy...a song about a boy and his cebu..."
That is an all time favorite here. Oh, and the "Song of the Dancing Cucumber!!"
The Ballad of Little Joe is my favorite of the videos.
There is a song on one of our cd's that says, "See the world, sail the seas, climb the mountains if you please...God put them there so you could see the wonders of His love..." I'm not sure I have the lyrics right, but I just love that song!!!
Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away!!!!
Hugs,
Pam

Julie said...

Cathy -- Oh where is my hairbrush should be sung daily (and often is) around here!!! Those girls!!!

Pam -- you didn't get carried away at all! Those veggies are too much fun!

Blessings,
Julie

sheila from life @ #17 said...

okay, so I'm sittin' here, jammin' to the Cheeseburger song while drinking my first cup of coffee and I'm lovin' it...

you know, my husband is going to think I've lost my mind when I buy this, right? LOL!

and I have to confess...our son is all grown up but I have been looking for an excuse to watch the Veggie Tales for several years now...

I'm going over to Netflix right now...

and you've been tagged, Miss Julie (hope you haven't gotten this one already...if so, then just ignore :)

Rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Post these rules on your blog
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry
5. Let the six people know by leaving a comment on their blogs

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Wishing & yours a wonderful and blessed weekend Julie dear! Hugs, Maryjane

BittersweetPunkin said...

How cute! They weren't around when my kids were little so we had Barney and Blue's Clues.....

that is the cutest thing!
Hugs,
Robin

tincanlily said...

My kids are grown and I am not familiar with Veggie Tales. Sesame Street was a big hit for my girls. Have a nice weekend.
Denise

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Julie, we just love the Veggie Tales and The Cheeseburger song is my favorite Silly Song. I can sing the entire thing from memory ... but then I have to have a cheeseburger AND milkshake as well. LOL

Blessings,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin