Monday, April 21, 2008

Julie's Big Adventure

My sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet husband took us to Jefferson, Tx on Saturday!!! We got a late start (had some family business to tend to!) and had to run the whole time but we still had a great time!!!!A MUST stop on our trips to Jefferson!They're not kidding, either. They really do have 5cent coffee!When you walk in, you're greeted by this huge candy counter! It's bigger than pictured here, but they were busy, busy and I couldn't get a better picture....We naturally go to the left, and they carry lots of these things, plus soooooooo much more! But they were EXTRA busy this past weekend -- because they were having an old car show. The cars were beautifully restored, but I didn't get any pictures (lots of people!!!)Ummmm.......... yeah...... They have lots of stuff with funny names like this!
Don't you love these old wooden floors and the license plates in them?!?!

One of my favorite sections in the store! I love graniteware and my sweetie got me a muffin 'tin' and a bread pan ...
in red, of course!

This is a really neat, old antique store (I have a gift for stating the obvious -- don't I?) We didn't go in because it was dreadfully hot and they have no air-conditioning. But it's really neat in there! They had these too cute sculptures outside and .....
I was so wishin' that we had our home in the country.....
This is just one of the beautifully restored homes in town.
This is a bed and breakfast http://www.houseoftheseasons.com/
Another beautifully restored home....
It's story...
Another beautiful B&B...
This Bed and Breakfast is for sale http://www.jefferson-realty.com/FeaturedListings/UrquhartHouse/tabid/3111/Default.aspx
They're only asking $495,000! Pocket change, really....... They have the most beautiful stained glass windows! We saw a few of these outside one of the antique stores for 25 cents, each. I just love that color! (We saw the same ones in another antique store and they were selling for $5 each!)
Besides the color and price, my favorite thing about them.... Then we headed to Shreveport to eat at our favorite Mexican Restaurant!Not sure why our son is giving me the crazy eyes in this picture?
And to Barnes & Nobles!
Younger daughter is looking through her favorite: Nancy Drew and precious son is devouring a Chronicles of Narnia........
Older daughter perusing...... the wedding section! Nope, she's not even courting anyone -- I guess the groom will just be the last piece of the puzzle for her?!?! Isn't that so, baby!?!Sweet husband bought me this!
Then to the Louisiana Boardwalk, in Bossier! http://www.louisianaboardwalk.com/
They have some of the neatest stores, down there. We love to window shop and the Red River looks beautiful -- it's just a really charming, heavily patrolled (by police!) area to visit!The next few pictures are of the inside of BassPro, they have the neatest vignettes!
My husband jokingly said that when we move to the country, we're gonna get one of these mailboxes! It's okay with me, they're cute in a kind of tacky, tongue-in-cheek sort of way!!!!
He's been so sweet, through the years, when I've decorated with the flowery cottage look -- it's his turn, now! And I love the rustic, cabin/lodge look, too! It's a win/win!

And then, we headed to a drive through coffee shop for our long drive home.
Y'all, I hope that I didn't bore you too, too much! Thanks for visiting with me!
Hope you all had such a blessed week-end!
Many Blessings,
Julie




12 comments:

Pam said...

What a wonderful day...thank you for taking us along!
Love the book your husband bought for you....he sounds a lot like my husband!!!! :)
The granite ware...oh, I would just have to have some of that!!!
Blessings,
Pam

Painted Pink Pot said...

Wow, Looks like you had a nice time. I love General Stores. You always walk yout finding something.......always candy.

Stacy

tincanlily said...

Thank you for sharing your Saturday pictures with us. You sure packed alot into that trip. Makes me want to take a day trip.
Denise

Kairle Oaks said...

Oh, what a delightful outing!!! I'm sure I could spend hours in tht general store!

Mary L. Briggs said...

What a fun, fun family day out you had!! Jefferson, TX looks like such a neat place-my hubby would have had to drag me out of that little town!

Donna Lynn said...

That was wonderful going on your trip with you! I love doing that, it is a great way to meet new friends and see new things, the town looks like so much fun! The candy looked wonderful, I got a cavity just looking, YUM! You have a beautiful family, bless you this week, glad I stopped by! Donna Lynn

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Julie, I just love stores like these. I would love to travel to Jefferson someday. Your children are going to have such wonderful memories! Enjoy your book! Aren't husbands wonderful? Thanks for sharing your family day! blessings, Kathleen

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

Yay! Your trip looked like lots of fun! Great pics! I loved Nancy Drew too...well still do! Thanks for your comments! TTYS!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh My Goodness Julie! What FUN you & your family had and your pictures are fantastic!!! Just wonderful! Next time can I go with ya?! I see many places I would like to visit! Your children are beautiful Julie. You are so blessed. Love ya, Maryjane

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Looks like a cool place!! Ummmm, not so sure about the Roasted peanuts. Yikes. ;)
Cathy
P.S. Gotcha linked on my blog.

Rebecca said...

Julie, what a wonderful day you had. I love looking at all your pictures. I would have loved to be right there with you, and yes, I would have ventured into that un-air conditioned antique store.

Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh Julie, you have just described my ideal day. I enjoyed each and every photo and am so glad that you shared it with us.

And you just keep on dreaming about your country home. It will happen. We dreamed and dreamed but I never really thought it would actually happen, but it did! We are so very blessed.

PS We're a courtship family too!

Blessings,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin