So I made a pecan pie!
From this cookbook -- it was a wedding gift.
Our Blackberries are starting to "bloom" (is that the correct term for this?)
For the past few nights, they've been staying in our son's wagon -- (there's been frost at night, so we have to bring them under the patio.)
I read, recently (in an old cookbook/gardening book by Gooseberry Patch) that if you cut bell pepper up and place around in your yard, it will run the ants off. Have you heard of this? So I chopped one up to give it a try. I'll keep you posted.........
These books came in the mail for me, yesterday!!!!
I'm really excited about this one. I've heard so much about it..... I can't wait to make time to sit down and really, really look through it! MaryJane was the one to convince me to finally buy it.
Y'all have a blessed day and thank you, so very much, for taking the time to check in on me!
You just don't know how much it means to me!
From this cookbook -- it was a wedding gift.
Our Blackberries are starting to "bloom" (is that the correct term for this?)
For the past few nights, they've been staying in our son's wagon -- (there's been frost at night, so we have to bring them under the patio.)
I read, recently (in an old cookbook/gardening book by Gooseberry Patch) that if you cut bell pepper up and place around in your yard, it will run the ants off. Have you heard of this? So I chopped one up to give it a try. I'll keep you posted.........
These books came in the mail for me, yesterday!!!!
I'm really excited about this one. I've heard so much about it..... I can't wait to make time to sit down and really, really look through it! MaryJane was the one to convince me to finally buy it.
Y'all have a blessed day and thank you, so very much, for taking the time to check in on me!You just don't know how much it means to me!
Many Blessings,
Julie

10 comments:
Julie, the pie looks terrific!!!
Save a piece for me?!!
I love your new books...you'll have to post a review on them. I'm always on the lookout for books.
I know very little about blackberries except that they grow wild here, and I look forward to them every July...oh, and when they bloom in the spring, we have a cold snap!!!
Your plants look like they are thriving!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Pam
Thank you so much, Pam!
I'm so jealous to hear that you've got wild blackberries! Don't you just love them? I have some of the best memories picking them (with my brother) as children.
Blessings,
Julie
Oh yum! That pie looks great!! I know...its still winter like here too,...I had to travel up north today and its like a winter wonderland...all the mountains and evergreens were dusted with snow....
we get scads of blackberries here too...they grow along the sides of the roads..yum!!
Enjoy that pie!
Hugs,
Robin
The blackberries are looking terrific! I'm seeing a cobbler in your future.
The books look neat, too! I haven't heard of either one, but I plan on checking on them. Thank you for the heads up.
Hugs!
Pecan pie is one of my favorites. In the north east we are really having spring weather. Open the doors and let all the pollen in.
Have a wonderful day.
Denise
Oh my gosh, I love the look of these two books. I'll have to try and find them.
P.S. I tagged you on my blog!
Hi Julie, the pie looks so good! I have been wanting to get Maryjane Butters book. We live miles and miles away from any book store... I may have to order on line, but right now, seems like everyone else needs something, either shoes or shirts... I will wait a while{: You have a wonderful weekend, blessings Kathleen
hi :)
comin' to you via Rebecca's blog :)
first, I love your blog title because, well, I love gingerbread and pumpkins...
and I love that MJB books...and now I want some pecan pie...but I may just go make a pumpkin one instead...
since the diet starts this Saturday :)
Oh My Goodness Julie, the pecan pie looks heavenly!!!! Yum! What a good little baker you are! Yeah! You got your MaryJane Butters Book! Have fun reading it and let me know what you think (I know you will love it)! Hugs, Maryjane
Oh I think you are going to LOVE that MaryJane Ideabook, Julie. I just never get tired of it. Everytime I open it, I am inspired and encourage to try something new.
And I just love the blackberries. We have an acre of wild blackberries that makes tons of blackberry jam each summer. Mmmmm ...
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment