Friday, April 4, 2008

Stormy Day

I started on these yesterday. I don't know why? I'm recycling -- these are made from sweatshirts that the children have outgrown and some left-over felt. Robin at http://www.bittersweetpunkin.blogspot.com/ has taught herself how to make the most beautiful penny rugs and she's just inspired me so! I'm always in a Christmas-y mood (or at least I try to be!) so................ This morning, we woke up to stormy weather (thankfully, blessfully nothing severe.) The electricity went out soon after everyone was up and running and it. was. dark.
We pulled out the few candles we have on hand (I used to store so many) and one of the kerosene lanterns for the younger ones to do their schoolwork by.

When they finished, the oldest and the youngest decided to play Scrabble.
Again, by the kerosene lamp.............
Then, they got the electricity back on for us (YAY!) and we watched one of the cutest shows with our dinner! It was soooooooooo cute!!! And Dave lives in the prettiest house! I just love to watch movies where the houses are pretty!

It's a really cute show, though! Anyone with children or granchildren (Pam ;*)) or even if you just think the chipmunks are precious (and who doesn't, right?!?!?!?)

Many Blessings,

Julie

4 comments:

tincanlily said...

It looks like you had a full day. I am not sure what penny rugs are but I will check BittersweetPunkin and find out. Your stockings are looking good. Wasn't sure if I was in the right month when I saw them. But is never to early or too late for Christmas crafts.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi, I just love your stockings! I loved seeing your children doing their school work. We homeschooled for 8 years, then my children in their teens, started public school. A wonderful school... but it did change them, and I miss those peaceful , unhurried, times that homeschool had for us. Blessings, Kathleen

Pam said...

Oh Julie...I love the Christmas stockings! I tell myself every year that I'm going to work on stuff the whole year through...but never quite get it done!!
I love the Christmas music, too.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Hi Julie! I love penny rugs but I haven't been brave enough to attempt them. Yours look just great!

How fun it is to have lights out once in a while! I sure enjoyed seeing your young ones doing their schoolwork by lamp light. Such precious memories!

Keep up the good work. I may just dig up my wool stash tomorrow!

Blessings,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin