A molasses cookie? Yesterday was just like a perfect fall day and that started the craving for molasses cookies......... I love the smell of molasses!I found this recipe in a magazine I subscribed to, for years, when our children were smaller.
Family Fun.
I wasn't sure about this cookie, at first. I had never had a molasses cookie before. Actually, about the only cookies I had ever had growing up were from packages. My mother didn't bake and I didn't have grandmothers. Still, I loved those Keebler elves, when my mother would buy them!!! Anyway..................
Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it. The only I did differently, was that I used a small melon scoop to "shape" the balls and sprinkled the sugar on (instead of rolling the dough in the sugar.)
Molasses Cookies
RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
14 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups sugar, divided
1/3 cup molasses
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the melted butter, 1 cup of the sugar and the molasses. Beat in the egg. 2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, stirring until a soft dough is formed. 3. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the remaining sugar. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
14 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups sugar, divided
1/3 cup molasses
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the melted butter, 1 cup of the sugar and the molasses. Beat in the egg. 2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, stirring until a soft dough is formed. 3. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the remaining sugar. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Many Blessings,
Julie

7 comments:
Hi Julie, those cookies look sooo good! I am going to try the recipe as I have always loved molasses cookies. I had them a long time ago, but have never made them for myself. Not sure if my family will eat them, because they are not fans of molasses. Thanks for the recipe! Blessings, Kathleen
Thanks so much for the recipe....
They look yummy. Stacy :)
I love molasses cookies!!! Were they chewy and soft????
Hello Julie! The COOKIES look wonderful and great picture! Must make some & thanks for the recipe! All of MaryJane's Butters books & magazines are wonderful! If you buy the books from her she will sign it! Pretty cool! See ya soon!
Have a blessed day! Hugs, Maryjane
Julie, those cookies look Wonderful!!!!
Please stop by my blog when you get a moment, I have something for you there.
Blessings,
Pam
These look so yummy! I'll have to try this recipe! I plan on posting a recipe soon, too. What great minds we have. :)
What a wonderful recipe! My husband simply LOVES molasses. I just have to surprise him with these cookies. Thanks so much for sharing!
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment