This has been such a tremendous help to me, for the past few days. My left shoulder blade and arm have been so sore.........not sure why???? I had heard about these bags, years ago, but finally decided to make some about 2 years ago.
You can fill them with many different things, but it seems that corn (deer corn, specifically) is the best thing to use. The safest. As you can see, it's just straight stitching. I made some square and some were rectangular. Nothing fancy! Although, if you're an avid seamstress, wouldn't it be fun to make them in cute-sy shapes?!?
We bought the deer corn at a hardware store -- about $5 for 50 pounds. Yep, 50 pounds!!!! I was overwhelmed at how much corn that is, but they didn't sell it in smaller bags. Needless to say, I made MANY bags. I finally just said, "Enough!" and we put the rest of the corn outside for the squirrels and birds. They were thankful! Whenever, we leave bread and such for the birds I always think of Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? " NIV Do you think of that, too? It makes me feel so happy, to think of God inspiring and using me!!!
We keep our bags in the freezer so that they won't ruin. They can be used as cold compresses or warm ones. For cold, just pull them out of the freezer! To heat them, just pop them in the microwave for about 2 minutes. If that isn't warm enough, heat it in 1 minute intervals until it feels good, to you.
You can "Google" these for more intructions and ideas. I think that you'll really enjoy them!!! Older people really like them, too. They conform to your shape...........oh, I'm just gonna stop, now, 'cause I could go on and on!
Many Blessings, Julie

6 comments:
That is a great idea. Wow....about the 50 pounds....thats alot.
Hi Julie! Lovely blog you have here!!! Thanks for visiting mine. I put answer to your question to the bowls! Have a wonderful day!Maryjane
I want to thank you for dropping by my blog. I love the journals that you made. So colorful. I have made a few. Great for left over paper. Nice gifts too. Your name is so cute. Two of my favorites...pumpkin and gingerbread. I also love the song Imagine and Trace Atkins. He is great in concert.
Those are great...we've had a few in our freezer in the past...they are great for ravel too....
Hugs,
Robin
What a great idea! I'll have to see if I can find the directions. I have a shoulder, and several other parts that give me trouble too.
And, I love what you did with the red window on your other post.
Thanks for this great reminder, Julie. You know I am having the same problem with my left arm and shoulder. I've heard you can fill these bags with rice as well. so I just might make myself a bag. Thanks for the inspiration!
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment