On Friday, we started this book. It's so sweet and innocent.It's sad that children's books aren't written like this anymore.
It's such a quick read. If I had only started it an hour earlier, we would have finished it that day. Hopefully, tomorrow, after schoolwork, we'll be able to finish it!
We would love to have snow, but never get it so we read about it and live vicariously....................... after it stormed, today, we were promised sleet, but we didn't get any.
We were so disappointed. Yep, we're that desperate for frozen precipitation!
On Saturday, we (the family) went to the book sale that our local symphony league puts on every few months. The books sell for 25 cents to about $2 and magazines are all 25 cents. We got some really good ones!!! I can't wait to go through them!!! Didn't take any pictures of them, but...................
I did take pictures of the children the other day. It was very impromptu and all really very quick! It's been a while since I've taken their pictures together, so I just had to take what I could get! Here are a few:
Our lab. She and I have a love/hate relationship.I think she is so beautiful and sweet but.........
she has chewed up ALL furniture in the backyard.
Some has had to be thrown away -- some of the wooden things have been sanded down to near toothpicks and repainted dozens of times! UGH!!!!!
We've heard it's because she's bored, but.... I. Don't. Care!!
My children don't destruct things when they are bored!!!
UGH, again!!!!





I pray that you all had such a blessed week-end and that you didn't get any of the nasty weather we got today!
Many Blessings,
Julie

6 comments:
Julie, what gorgeous pictures of your children and your Lab. You have a beautiful family!
Awesome pictures, Chica! We had a chocolate lab, Moose, who was very much like yours. He ate floor mats from my husbands truck while he was cleaning it, chewed a big orange electrical cord in half (twice), chewed the heel off of a pair of shoes I hadn't even worn yet, kid's toys left on the floor, etc. He was a hard one to exercise though. I'm convinced he would only run if he was on fire. Serious. Our yellow lab, Saxton, will play til he collapses, but not poor Moose. I feel your pain.
The children are beautiful. It's hard to believe you have a daughter old enough to go to work. Yowza! How exciting for you though! Great pictures!
Show us some of those tree shots!
Soon,
Jenny
Hi Julie! So nice of you to stop by my blog and visit with me. Thank you so much for your sweet comments about my hand painted eggs. You have a beautiful family Julie and I have enjoyed reading your blog. I love your cross stitch works. I used to enjoy cross stitching myself, but the eyes are a bit older now and I have too much trouble seeing the little teeny tiny holes. I admire your works though! Just beautiful!
I see that you also have a love of the "hunt" for found treasures. I think we have a lot in common! So nice to meet you. I hope you will visit again, as I know that I will surely return here!
Barbara
Wonderful pictures; your family is beautiful!
Thank you for dropping by to visit my blog; I enjoyed reading your comments.
:)
Wow..how did you get everyone to smile all at once? Wonderful photos!!That book looks great..I LOVE old books.
Hugs,
Robin
I love the Betsy, Tacy & Tibb novels!!! My DD and I have both enjoyed them. You have a lovely family! (((hugs)))
Post a Comment