Thursday, March 6, 2008

We're Baaaaack............

I know, that joke is so old! But we are -- back, I mean. We went to one of our state parks for a couple of nights and stayed in a cabin on the lake. The first night, we got there a little late, so not much happened, but............early the next morning we got up and had coffee (hubs and I), hot chocolate (children) and pancakes!

Now this is where she was the whole time (just without the pancakes!)



Then the younger two babies and their daddy went fishing............all day.......... I went down with them and sat on the dock and took pictures. I don't have a fishing license. 4 of us got our faces a little sunburned (ouch!) Only 1 of us came back home as white as when we left because she stayed in the cabin, huh Franny?!?!? She looooooooooves that nickname, don'cha baby?!?!?!!!!!






After awhile, Mommy got a little bored and decided that little man needed a tat, so...........We didn't catch any fish -- correction -- THEY didn't catch any fish!!!! But I got some really sweet pictures and we had such a good time!!!! After a few hours, we took a break (okay, they took a break) and we went for a walk along a few of the trails. We were incredibly tired, last night. I think it was all of that wonderful, fresh air.....
People who live on the lake are soooooooo blessed!!!
Jenny, I'm not sure where all 2 of my tree pictures are --- they're print (before the days of digital!) But I took this one growing out of the lake, for you!

*****Guess what?!?!? Guess what?!?!? The weather channel and our local weather are BOTH predicting sleet and snow for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As we were watching (and cheering) they started talking to some people in the area who were saying that they needed to go load up on bread and milk and our salt trucks are loaded and ready. You guys up north would have laughed and laughed............'cause see, they're only predicting snow flurries. But our electricity goes out kinda easy -- even our wires aren't used to the cold weather!!! The truth is, it's probably not gonna snow or if it does, it certainly won't stick, but it's a fun thought, anyway.
Thanks for visiting! Hope y'all are stocked up on the milk and bread, 'cause if it's gonna snow in Louisiana.................
Many Blessings,
Julie
P.S. Thank you, so much, for your too sweet comments about our children! We really do appreciate it!








2 comments:

Pam said...

The pictures of your trip look great. I am looking forward to the return of "fishing weather."
Did you get snow? We got close to 3 inches....loved the comment about milk and bread. Mention snow, and everyone around here heads to Walmart!!
Happy Weekend,
Hugs, Pam

Jenny said...

How wonderful to get away!

I LOVE all of your pictures! My favorite is the I Love Mommy on your son's arm. How adorable! Second would definitely be the tree. How sweet of you to think of me.

Blessings this beautiful Sunday morning,
Jenny

Blog Widget by LinkWithin