Saturday, March 29, 2008

The past few days......



We watched these two movies.
Both were equally very good, different -- but the same in they are "thinking" movies! And the homes in both, were beautiful!






I made http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler.
Refinished the dining room table. My husband built this!!!! We had stained it a light honey color, but after a couple of years.........I wanted it to be a little bit darker, a little older. Since I was already sweaty (yuck!) I decided to re-do this old window. Got it at Antique Alley ... painted it glossy white and used it in our home to hold photos. Sweet husband built new frames, these got demoted to outside. Started stripping them -- wasn't happening -sat in the weather..... got bored...... now, it's red! Don't know what I'll use it for???? Any ideas???
Yesterday, it was raining (at our house) so we went for a ride in the country.



Loved these trees.
(You like them, Jenny?)









Can't you just see a farmhouse up on that hill? Or out here with these 2 great ponds?




Saw these cows in the fields and just got so excited! I love seeing cows in the fields! My grandfather (my Daddy's Daddy) raised cows (he did lots of things!) and we got to go with him a few times to feed them. They scared me to death! They are soooooooo big. When they look at you, and get close, they're pretty intimidating -- but don't mess with me -- I'm seeing t-bones and hamburgers and roast beef and bar-be-que ribs and ........














But they're so pretty, in the fields!



When we got home, our budding gardener checked on her seedlings and saw that some were breaking the soil!
So she pulled out her garden journal to make notes....




The bees were going crazy with the pollinating!








The tallow and sassafrass trees are coming along............










Now, we're just waiting for the rain to finish.
Hope y'all are having a blessed week-end!

Many Blessings,
Julie














4 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I LOVED Becoming Jane....for the window that is now red...I would be tempted to sand the red down in a few spots and replace a few of the panels with either lace or some stained glass panels from Hobby Lobby or Michaels...then hang it on the wall OR from the ceiling by a few hooks and a chain...
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Hugs,
Robin

Jenny said...

Love the trees!

For the red window...how about the stained glass panels in it and then hung in front of a window to let the light in? Perhaps the living room? I put mirrors in mine and hung it in our living room. SuperGirl routinely checks herself in it. :)

How nice to go for a drive! My dh doesn't really like to, since he drives all day. I suppose we can go for a drive when I come for a visit, huh? lol

Hugs,
Jenny

Pam said...

I'm not very good with ideas, but I love the red window. I really like Jenny's idea with the stained glass, oh, and Robin's idea to replace a few panels with lace....opps, guess I'm not any help at all!!
I enjoyed your post so much-
Have a Blessed week,
Hugs,
Pam

Julie said...

Robin and Pam,
I just love both of those ideas!!!
I seriously didn't know what to do with that window -- especially since one of the panes fell out!
Our younger daughter, wants a Nancy Drew bedroom (when we move-- don't know when or where?) and now, I'm thinking (if husband will agree - the window gets to come along!)

Pam, you did help! You agreed that both Robin and Jenny have great ideas for that window, so I know that I can't go wrong with either idea! *PLUS* it always makes me happy when y'all leave a comment!

Blessings,
Julie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin