Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's Spring -- dang it!!!

It's not that I don't like Spring ............ because spring is beautiful, everything coming back to life..... y'all know. It's just that, here, Spring is so short. It turns unbearably hot, so quickly that it doesn't seem that we really have a spring -- it just goes straight to hot, hot summer. And let's don't even mention that terrible weather. (Last night we were under tornado watches and warnings most of the night. We got a good bit of hail and it got pretty scary for a while -- but we're fine -- Praise HIM!)

Yesterday, it got up just over 80 degrees. Ick!!!! 80 degrees, already!!!! Today is supposed to reach close to that, but there's a nice breeze. If only we had an attic fan, the windows would be up and the fan would be a hummin'! Does anyone know why they quit putting them in houses?
I bet my dream, farmhouse has one......

Here's some pictures of our little azaleas we planted a couple of years ago and a few of the flower/weeds that our little girl loves so much.

Our Sassafras trees are blooming, too. They smell soooooooo good when the leaves come out!!!

Another question.......... what should I do with the rest of this??? I made a Texas Sheet Cake last night and there's a whole lot of this left. Nobody wants to drink it -- eeeeewwwww!

Y'all have a great week-end and stay safe if that storm's coming through your area. I see that it's moving through Georgia, today.

Many Blessings,

Julie

6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Julie, I'm glad you are all safe and sound.
Your pictures are beautiful....it's so good to see flowers blooming again. Our flowers are budding, but haven't bloomed yet- my daffodils are just beginning to flower....we live in a "hollar" and it takes a little longer!!
Texas Sheet Cake...yummmmm...save a piece for me!

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're safe too. Hopefully, we don't get hit too hard this evening in VA. I just want the rain, and nothing more than a breeze.

No idea what to do with the buttermilk. Not one.

All of the flowers are beautiful! They're just coming out here. Cherry trees and forsythias. Oh, pear trees, too.

I looked for the mag mentioned below at Kroger today with no luck. I may have to try Barnes & Noble.

Hugs!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Hi Jule! So glad that you are ok! I am thankful that the storms did not cause you problems. Beautiful photos by the way! Thank you for stopping by to visit! Georgia's downtown Atlanta area was hit with an E-2 tornado last night. Today, tornadoes have been training over and over again thru Geogia. We just got news that downtown Atlanta was hit today also and Atlanta has been declared in a state of emergency. The Georgia Dome, CNN Building, The World Congress Center, Centennial Parkway, and many other buildings. The Insurance commissioner said that it was as if the tornado sucked everything out of the World Congress Center. An old mill that my father worked when I was a child had extensive damage. There was a game going on in the Georgia Dome last night when the tornado hit. Fortunately no fatalities there, but there have been fatalaties in other areas of Georgia. It's gonna be a long night as these storms are not thru here yet. We are blessed thus far that we are safe and sound.
Take care,
Barbara

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Hi Jule! So glad that you are ok! I am thankful that the storms did not cause you problems. Beautiful photos by the way! Thank you for stopping by to visit! Georgia's downtown Atlanta area was hit with an E-2 tornado last night. Today, tornadoes have been training over and over again thru Geogia. We just got news that downtown Atlanta was hit today also and Atlanta has been declared in a state of emergency. The Georgia Dome, CNN Building, The World Congress Center, Centennial Parkway, and many other buildings. The Insurance commissioner said that it was as if the tornado sucked everything out of the World Congress Center. An old mill that my father worked when I was a child had extensive damage. There was a game going on in the Georgia Dome last night when the tornado hit. Fortunately no fatalities there, but there have been fatalaties in other areas of Georgia. It's gonna be a long night as these storms are not thru here yet. We are blessed thus far that we are safe and sound.
Take care,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

How about making some buttermilk pancakes for breakfast?

I find the hot weather very hard to bear too. And it's 102 here today. Sob. It's supposed to be autumn!

Kate

Rebecca said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for thinking of me during our storms. I posted about it on my blog. I"m glad to see you all are safe and sound too!

I love your spring pictures. Gorgeous! And you are so right about spring not lasting long enough. For those of us in the south, the spring is short and sweet.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin