One of our favorite things to do, was to take a ride. For a while, all of our rides were in town, through the neighborhoods -- dreaming of buying a sweet home to raise our children in.
Then.......we started taking longer rides, out in the country. Maybe living in town, as we had been for most of our marraige wasn't what we really wanted? We would run by "Wag-a-Bag" and get Icee's or go by Sonic and get their Cokes for half-price (during 'Happy Hour'), stretch our legs out and head for those slow, country roads. Those were some of the best times of our lives.
One of my favorite "stretches" was in a little 'town' (or rather a used to be town.) One day, I finally decided to take pictures, just in case we weren't able to always take these rides there.
We moved just a couple of months after I took these. I'm hearing "The Twilight Zone" theme song, right now......

I wish that someone would come in and do what I didn't, with that store.....
Just a little bit down that road was this house. When my brother and I were young, our parents took us on alot of rides, too. One day, we stopped and saw this (then empty) house. We went in and walked around. It is HUGE. It had 4-6 bedrooms, upstairs -- each with their own fireplace, a library/study, living room, formal dining room, etc. It really just needed alot of love and it looks like it finally got it! I still dream of this house.
Now, this, is my other dream, farmhouse (and AGAIN, just a bit more down that same road!!!) This is what finally convinced my husband that I'm a complete loon. But I just can't help it....... I loved this house. I'm not sure if it's still there, it makes me sad to think that it might not be. Again, I had such dreams of raising our little ones, there.....

Off to dream about my poor, old, lonely farmhouse............
Blessings,
Julie

3 comments:
I loved old buildings,stores,and houses too. Those are some wonderful pictures. If that dream house is not still there, I'm sure "the" dream house is just around the corner.P.S... (my husband sometimes thinks I'm a loon also)
I LOVE old buildings...I would so love to live in an old farm house out in the country....sigh.....
LOVED the photos
What GREAT buildings! I'd like to have a quilt/crafty studio in the old store and live in either of the other old homes. Just imagine who went before and how full of love they were.
The old tree to the left of the old store looks pretty cool. Looks like a good climbing tree.
P.S. My husband knows I'm a loon. He actually likes to remind me. :) Then I remind him he married me, so what does that make him?
Post a Comment