Sunday, March 9, 2008

It DID Snow!!!!

It really, truly, actually snowed!!! Everyone was so happy -- even people who are still complaining when we have a cold snap didn't complain about the snow! I think there's just something about snow, that maybe brings out our "inner child"!!!! This is the first snow that my son remembers ever seeing -- the last time it snowed (in his lifetime) was in 2001 and we were on the other side of the state!

This was during the "blizzard" phase of the snow:

Pam, I'm not sure how much we got -- it varied alot in our area -- but none of it stuck for us.
I mean, US, us. A couple of men that work with my husband were saying that they built snowmen and played all day and they are maybe 20-30 miles from us (and each live in different areas!?!?) But we were just soooooooooooo happy to see and walk in it falling! (I'm still jealous that you got 3 inches!!!)

Bundled up and ready to play in the snow:
They're trying to decide who had the bigger snowflake land on them.The only accumulation we saw was this -- the roof of the play cabin:

Two of the happiest children in the South last Friday:


Oh, Jenny! I finally got some apples and crescent rolls and made the Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings! Bless her mother's heart for sharing that recipe!!!! I would probably never have made them had you not recommended them -- but our family was so glad that you did. My hips and thighs are none to happy with you, but........... we just won't talk anymore about that!


Here's the link to the recipe:

http://www.thepioneerwomancooks.com

P.S. Her mom's cinnamon roll recipe is delicious, too, as she'll tell you! I don't know how they don't weigh a half ton?!?!?

Many Blessings,

Julie

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I hear you! I don't know if I'm brave enough to try the cinnamon rolls yet. I bet the pictures PW takes really aren't her real family. Lol, they're way too thin!

Blessings,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful your son got to see snow. We didn't get any here, just a lot of wind.
Thanks for visit.
I enjoyed your photos and visiting with you.

Belle said...

That looks wonderful! I love the pioneer woman. I make her roast and malboro man sandwich. We love them both! I'll have to try the crescent rolls and apples. I'm glad you got snow! Too fun!

BittersweetPunkin said...

We haven't had much snow so I would be thrilled with some too....

I am going to make that dessert too....yumm...
Hugs,
Robin

Pam said...

I'm so glad you got some snow to play in! It looks like your family had a lot of fun.
Those apple dumplings look so good!!! I'm going to give those a try.
Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin