Thursday, February 28, 2008

"New" Treasures II

Okay, let's see if blogger will let me download the rest of the pictures, today............

These old spectacles are still in their original metal case!!! And they're not even scratched up???


Love these old canning jars! They are the most beautiful shade of aqua/turquoise......I wish it would photograph their actual color!!!






Now this vintage nightgown just creeps our girls out!!!



I intend to take pictures of them wearing it and turning the pictures sepia.

It's made of a really scratchy linen.



Bless the girls hearts who had to sleep in them!





The detail on the sleeves and neckline are just so beautiful.


When I first saw it, I thought of how pretty it would be hanging in my imaginary, dream, farmhouse..........






So I decided to go ahead and get it......you know, in case my dream comes true!

By the way, Robin and Jenny...... y'all just come on down here and we'll go to Antique Alley! We'll have the most fun looking through all those shops! They've got some really, really nice ones down there. I usually stick with the ones that aren't so formal. But I'd go in them if y'all wanted to!

Many Blessings,

Julie

3 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Wow..you've got some great stuff...I always pick up colored mason jars...they look great grouped together. I am working on getting my own work space that includes a desk and I plan on keeping buttons, ribbons etc in the canning jars and displaying them so neatly so I can SEE whats in them....
LOVE the nightgown!!
Hugs,
Robin

Jenny said...

I love the jars! That blue is so beautiful. The nightgown would be great if it weren't so scratchy, huh?

I'm on my way!

:)

Rebecca said...

Wow! Julie, you're a girl after my own heart. I love junkin' and I love the fantastic stuff you found. Lucky girl! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin