Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"New" Treasures

Well, I just finished getting the Potato Soup going and thought I would try posting pictures of the booty collected from our latest shopping expedition to Antique Alley. We don't go very often, anymore, so it was really exciting for us! Here goes:



Just loved that these buttons were still on their packaging! They were only 25 cents each!

I love old keys! I have a small collection. I hope to frame a few of them! A few years ago, when I bought my first old key -- our oldest daughter wrote a story about it!! I'd love for our younger daughter to write one, as well! Don't you just wonder what these went to, who held them???

When I saw this red Christmas album, my heart skipped a few beats!!!! Too good to pass up!

Did I mention that I looooooooooooooooooove the color red?!?!? These egg beaters and sifter each have red knobby handles!!!

Look at the inside of this sifter! It's just so neat, to me!!! Yeah, I know, it doesn't take much to excite me.................

Okay, here's one of my favorites of the day.......... this engraved hairbrush from 1905! 1905!!!!

And it was a Christmas gift, too! My favorite!!!!

Well, I have a couple of other "treasures" but blogger won't upload anymore pictures for me. So I'll try to get them on tomorrow!!!

Many Blessings,

Julie

3 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hairbrush too! Holy Moly you did GREAT!Love the old keys too...woo hoo! I wanna go shopping with YOU!!
Hugs,
Robin

Jenny said...

I love the keys too! They'd be my favorite! Can't you just see the old wooden door they may have gone into? Possibly with a glass handle? Neat-O. Call me for your next trip, too and maybe Robin and I can tag along. :)

More potato soup? Glad to hear it's working for you. I just tried pork chops in the crock pot tonight. It was so-so, sooooooooooo I'll see else may work.

Blessings this eve,
Jenny

Pam said...

I just love the blue canning jars. I have several in different sizes that once belonged to my Mom and Aunt.
The sifter really brings back some memories...it looks a lot like the one Mama had when I was little. What fun to see!
Blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin