It mentioned that Rose was having her 9th birthday and Mama was fixing her Gingerbread cake. That sounded yummy, so I googled a recipe........ I was in a hurry, so I chose one of the first that I saw. 
Everyday Best Gingerbread Cake
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled * 1/2 cup sugar * 1 egg * 2 1/2 cups flour * 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda * 1 teaspoon cinnamon * 1 teaspoon ginger * 1/2 teaspoon cloves * 1/2 teaspoon salt * 1 cup molasses, light or dark * 1 cup hot water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Preheat to 325 degrees when using a glass pan.) Spray an 8-by-8-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Mix melted and slightly cooled butter, sugar and egg and set aside. In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients. Combine molasses and hot water and stir to combine. Add flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture alternately with the molasses mixture and whisk to combine. Pour batter into pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Serve from the pan, or turn out onto a rack.
It was really quick and easy. If you try it, I sure hope that you'll enjoy it! The children are having the remaining pieces with hot chocolate for breakfast, tomorrow. I know, I know, it's only 85 degrees, here......... but we have hot chocolate year 'round! It's kind of a staple in this house!
Thank you, so much, for visiting!
Many Blessings,
Julie

11 comments:
LOL I thought I was the only one who drank hot chocolate all summer! It is just too good to give up for 6 months, isn't it?
That cake just smells so good. Okay, I can't REALLY smell it but I do have a vivid imagination and for one brief second I thought just maybe ... Well it does look yummy! My husband is going to love it!
Blessings,
Lea
I can smell the cake baking too. I love gingerbread cookies and cakes. I am going to have to make a blog recipe book. My fellow bloggers have so many good ones.
Hi Julie! Mmmm, your cake sounds yummy! And how perfect for the Gingerbread Pumpkin to have gingerbread cake! Is that a Little House book? The original series are some of my all time favorite books. We've recently read them with my 6 year old daughter and I love sharing them with her. Is this one of the new books? I've been curious about them. I hope you'll let me know if it's a good one.
Yum! That looks scrumptious. Who cares if it's 85! My ILs are coming over soon and I was trying to think of foods that would serve many and not cost so much. I came up with lasagna and potato soup. We wouldn't eat those together, but spread them out over a couple of days. I typically think of them as wintery foods though.
And who could knock hot chocolate any time of the year? Yum!
I posted pics of the fabric just now since blogger decided to do it this morning, lol.
Blessings,
Jenny
The cake looks so yummy and I bet your kitchen smelled wonderful!blessings, Kathleen
hmmmm...I've got teriyki chicken with pineapple (hey...I had a can of pineapple that needed to be used, lol) and cabbage (ditto the needed to be used) in the crockpot...yes, it is an experiment and who knows how it'll turn out!
I'm wonderin' if the gingerbread (which I adore) would work with that...
hmmmmmm...I'd love some gingerbread...
Yep, I can smell the cake, too; I'm getting hungry!!
Julie, you have so many good recipes- thank you for the chicken recipe...it was a hit!!!
I hope you have a wonderful week-
Blessings to you dear friend,
Pam
I am going to have to try the recipe. Looks great. Yummy!!!
Stacy
Oh...yum...I would be tempted to frost that...say..cream cheese frosting?? We have hot cocoa all the time here too...cuz its so wet and damp in WA....
..thanks for being so sweet....
Hugs,
Robin
Thank you thank you for this recipe I will definately try this! We love gingerbread!
Hello Sweet Julie! Your Gingerbread Cake looks so yummy! I can almost smell it!!! I have the perfect plate for my piece! Wishing the best Mommy in the world a Happy Mother's Day! Know how I know that? From the smiles on your childrens faces! Love ya! Maryjane
Post a Comment