Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Birthday Wishes for Aunt Jerry

A few days ago, my husband's Aunt Jerry celebrated her 70-something birthday. I was going crazy, as usual, trying to get the children together to take a picture for her. But I just couldn't seem to get my ducks in a row! So I used one from about a month (or 2) ago and threw this together. I wanted it to be kind of primitive, but I had only this color photo to work with so it's half/half -- I think? The cookies -- another mess! The first batch I made that morning were the giant size. But they were sticky and sweet, SWeeT, SWEET! I was trying to get everything in the mail that day, was in too much of a hurry and read the recipe wrong. UGH! Trying to force things to happen in my own time ALWAYS works out like that. I had to change the "packaging" and was a day later getting these in the mail -- but she received them on her birthday!
I hope that y'all are having a blessed day! I'm back off to finish school!
Many Blessings,
Julie

10 comments:

tincanlily said...

You have a lovely family. That picture is very nice. I like that it has spring like colors. It is just perfect. That was great that she received the cookies on her birthday.
denise

BittersweetPunkin said...

What a sweet gift idea! I bet she loved it!! Sometimes we just need to slow down and take a deep breath!!
Hugs,
Robin

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What a sweet little care package you sent to your aunt. I'm sure she was blessed by your efforts! Once I tried to get the perfect pic of my kids for their Daddy's b-day. I bet I snapped 100 pics before we got something usable.
Have a great day!
Cathy

P.S. Funny comment on my blog too. ;)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hi Julie Dear!

The card you made turned out so darling!!! I have sewn cards and scarpbook pages but this is done so nice! And the cookies I am sure were eaten up in no time! Clever packaging!!!! Just love everything you do Julie. Have a wonderful Memorial day weekend!

Love ya,
Maryjane

P.S. I will start looking for a little trailer for ya!

Pam said...

Wow....a wonderful gift.
You are just so talented.
I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Pam

Chris said...

Hi Julie!

I just discovered your blog! I was touched by the comment you made on Kathleen's "Eggs in My Pocket" blog! I moved to the country 4 years ago. DO IT! You will be so happy you did!

I loved your post on the Baptist Hymnal! I'm sure it has my favorite hymn, "At the Cross", in it. You have inspired me to look for one myself!

I'll be visiting often!

Chris

Rue said...

Hi Julie :)

I'm so glad you came to see me too! I love that picture you made of your beautiful babies.

Those cookies sound good too. I hope you'll share the recipe ;)

Have a beautiful evening,
rue

Mrs. B said...

Hi Julie! I love the song you have playing! I think I might add it to my playlist!

Even if your cookies didn't turn out just how you wanted them, they sure do look cute all packaged up! I know what you mean about trying to rush things. When I'm trying to bake something and doing too many other things at once, it always comes out wrong. When I can take my time and focus on what I'm doing it works much better!

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Jenny said...

I certainly like the colors and I'm sure it's something Aunt Jerry will always treasure.

Is this a computer scrapping program you use, or is it all on paper? Either way, it's beautiful!

plain*worker*primitives said...

Hello, this is my first visit to your blog and I really love your card, I also love altered art/scrapbooking and I think that turned out wonderful!

Melissa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin