Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chocolate chip cookies, The Four Story Mistake, and a "Major Award!"

Well, school is finished for the day and we're off to finish (finally!) The Four Story Mistake
by Elizabeth Enright!


This has been a really cute book and we've enjoyed it so much. It sometimes takes us the longest time to get through a read-aloud. Mostly because of school and chores. Must be finished with those before I need to get dinner started or we don't get to read aloud that day....... but today, I think we're gonna finish it! *fingers crossed*


I'm going to go get some chocolate chip cookies in the oven so sweet hubby will have hot cookies!

Yeah, it's not like the rest of us won't eat any! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!


My husband won a "Major Award" -- it wasn't marked frajeelay or anything, but it's still cool!

Yes, we adore A Christmas Story!

Many Blessings,

Julie

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll be right over, um, down for cookies! They look YUMMOCIOUS!

Need to check out that book too.

Good luck with the potato soup. Lemme know how it works out for you.

Blessings,
Jenny

Julie said...

Come on down,, Jenny! Bring the rest of your potato soup and we'll have a winter picnic (in front of the fire!)with our children!

We had to run to the library twice in the last 2 days -- one day to pick up books and pay a fine (!!!!)
The next to renew books so that we wouldn't have to pay another fine!!!

That book (The Four Story Mistake) was really cute! Luckily, we picked it up for a quarter at a used book sale -- but it's like the 2nd in a series (the first is called "The Saturdays") and we questioned a few things (like, "what happened to the mom?") but it didn't ruin the book by ANY means. We just wish we had read the first one first.

Sorry that I went on and on!
Blessings,
Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi! I wanted to pop on over and say Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comment...I LOVE the name of your blog! I'd love to come back and visit you....and that book looks great too!
Blessings,
Robin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin