Anyway.................... the web address is maggiedelaney.com
They make skirts and dresses. MODEST skirts and dresses!!!! And the site is interactive.
How fun! I played for a minute, then sighed because our girls are too big for their clothing.
The ideas are there, though, and it's been pretty inspirational. Jenny, (if you see this!) I think you might like it!!!
When our girls were younger, we bought a good bit of their clothes from Kelly's Kids. We would make a couple of visits to their outlet in Natchez, Mississippi ('cause they are quite pricey! the outlet sold them for at least 50% off.) We went for many years, until the discounts weren't worth the trip anymore. I think they caught on to what many of us were doing! *wink, wink* But paying full price for them was just out of our budget!
Thankfully, our girls still dress modestly and WANT to, for that matter. It is always a struggle when we shop for them, to find modest clothing -- but we haven't needed to sacrifice our values, yet. God always provides! You just have to hunt a little more!
The children are putting in a video that we borrowed from the library about American Legends. In fact, it is

We've been learning about the trancontinental railroad this past week. While reading about John Henry and Casey Jones, I remembered this video we watched a few years ago -- and Yay! The library had it. It's really good -- if you get the chance to watch it, you should!
Many Blessings,
Julie

1 comment:
I hope you're happy. :) I went to the http://maggiedelaney.com/index.php site last night and signed up for their newsletter. I love that stuff, only wish it were cheaper. Maybe for Christmas and birthday presents. Doesn't hurt to put the idea out there, huh?
I'd go to the library and look for that video, which I'm pretty sure they have, but the "fine police" may be after us. O.k., seriously, it's not that bad, but we're a few dollars shy of our limit and we're missing a book we picked up for Evan. Guess I should go look for it, huh?
Blessings, girlie,
Jenny
Post a Comment