Gingerbread Pumpkin? I almost typed in "The Gingerbread Pumpkin" but I thought it sounded more like a business, hmmmmmm...............
Why Gingerbread Pumpkin? Because I love the smell of gingerbread and making gingerbread cookies with our children (although I don't do it NEARLY enough ) and there's something about pumpkins that make me so happy?!?!? And............... I chose Gingerbread Pumpkin because I'm sooooooooooo not creative and just thought of 2 "things" that I like very much -- gives me "warm fuzzies!"
I didn't even intend to create a blog -- I'm more of a lurker and enjoy reading what everyone else has to say. I just don't feel that I have anything to say that anyone wants to hear. I talk to my husband and our children -- but bless their hearts, I may have just worn them out.
So even if no one wants to read this blog, I'll at least give them a break!
Okay, I'm shutting up -- for now!
Many Blessings,
Julie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh definitely keep posting, what you can, when you can. My approach to blogging is this, I do it FOR ME. As a record of sharing parts of my life with my friends(some who'll never meet me face to face) and family, but mainly for myself to go back to and "remember when". Reading other blogs and comparing to them can be a real downer. There are so many out there who are professional designers and writers but they don't seem that way when you first start reading their blogs so you wonder how they can just whip up such delightful posts. Feh. Just do it for yourself and you'll be most pleased!!
btw, I found you through Brin's blog.
Molly(in east Texas)
Hi Julie,
To answer your post, Jefferson IS wonderful. That, and maybe Boston, are my favorite "cities" to stay in!
HB's is a bakery venture I had before leaving Dallas, and for a short time in 2005 I had an arrangement with a coffee shop owner in Jefferson to supply baked goods. That's all, and I've moved on to bigger and other things. So I'm sorry to say that you won't find HB's in Jefferson. But do try the Muffletta at Auntie Skinner's and go on a "ghost" walk... they're not kooky or scary and they provide the most WONDERFUL history of the area.
Might have to make it back to Jefferson soon myself! If you beat me there, enjoy your stay!
Brin
My Messy, Thrilling Life
Cool blog so far! I came from Brin's and just popped in to say hi. Personally, I like Gingerbread Pumpkin. :) And I know what you mean about wearing the kids and husband out. I'm fraid I may have done the same thing, but started a blog regardless. Brin is the first of two blog folks to inspire me.
Have a blessed day!
Jenny in VA
Post a Comment