Monday, February 23, 2009

Well, It Seemed Like a Good Idea

and yet... I kept remembering when I've painted flower pots (in the past) with acrylic paints.
They tend to bubble when you add the soil and water -- yucky looking. I told myself, this time, since I was using chalkboard paint, maybe - just MAYBE- it wouldn't happen. I mean, look, it's even on the front of the can of paint -- it HAD to work. It just doesn't have to work for me. Some of the pots looked much worse (as if this isn't bad enough)! I waited about a day for them to dry so that maybe the bubbles would "suck back in".But then I decided to do what I should have done to begin with. So baby girl, scratched as much off, as possible. Thank you, Sweetie! While I started spray painting.Here's what they look like, now. Wow! That windowsill is dusty. I'd better go and dust it now, before I forget.
Many Blessings ~~ Julie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the finished product!! What colors did you use, and how many coats? They look store bought!

Blessings to ya!
Linda

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Julie - isn't it agrivating when you try something and it doesn't work...sure looks like it would. Like you said, it even shows it on the can for heaven sakes....Glad they finally turned out for you.
Karen

Pam said...

Why Julie, those are beautiful!
Hugs,
Pam

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your hard work has paid off well! They are just lovely! Such a sweet helper you have! blessings,Kathleen

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

OOOh pretty! How have you been my Blogger friend? :)

Mary L. Briggs said...

They turned out perfect!! I've only painted one with acrylic paints and it turned out okay--but I was antiquing and it didn't have to be perfect.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin