Okay, I don't exactly know how to start this without sounding like a child. Because I really want to say, "Look! Look! Look! Y'aaaaaalllll look!!!!" Here we go.... Saturday morning was a cold, rainy morning. It wasn't supposed to rain (according to the weather channel) and it wasn't a good thing for what was happening that day, but .... This was the view, around 8:30, from our front porch. That big ole truck with the dozer got stuck right there. My husband helped them get it out!!!
Then, they got busy digging. Little man pretty much stayed there all day. He was just amazed by this and had been looking forward to it for "years"!
He kept digging....
and digging and digging! Little man had to upgrade his coat choice. It was unusually cold.
I love this shot! Aren't my hubby and little man just precious?
Did I mention that he was digging? Yeah? Alrighty, then.
Little man decided to start making "mudballs" and throwing them. He said it's because, "we never have snow."
Then the man on the dozer, very thoughtfully, asked if our little man would like to ride with him for a bit. Wasn't that sweet?
"Yes, sir!" He sure did! Isn't this the cutest thing? Can you see Little Man in there?
But then, his legs got restless and Little Man needed to run. "Thank you, Sir", we heard him saying and then "dozer man" yelled out, "You're welcome!"
And the digging continued. Okay, I'll try not to say that anymore.
But he did, some more...
.......until he was done! I'm in and out of the house taking pictures, making coffee, and baking molasses cookies. Yeah, I had a tough day!
Have you guessed? It's a pond! We have a pond!!! Well, actually, we have a big hole. A very big hole. When God fills it up, we'll have a pond.
They came back, the next day (with the sun shining - still cold!) to finish it up.
Then the children rode their bikes around it and in it! We later sat in it and threw clay chunks!
I was standing in the deepest part (11 feet) to take this picture.
Then hubby rode around it to spread the dirt a little more evenly. This is going to take a while.
And this is a shot from the deep end towards the house. Ta-Da!!!
This is what we began with:

Then, they got busy digging. Little man pretty much stayed there all day. He was just amazed by this and had been looking forward to it for "years"!
He kept digging....
and digging and digging! Little man had to upgrade his coat choice. It was unusually cold.
I love this shot! Aren't my hubby and little man just precious?
Did I mention that he was digging? Yeah? Alrighty, then.
Little man decided to start making "mudballs" and throwing them. He said it's because, "we never have snow."
Then the man on the dozer, very thoughtfully, asked if our little man would like to ride with him for a bit. Wasn't that sweet?
"Yes, sir!" He sure did! Isn't this the cutest thing? Can you see Little Man in there?
But then, his legs got restless and Little Man needed to run. "Thank you, Sir", we heard him saying and then "dozer man" yelled out, "You're welcome!"
And the digging continued. Okay, I'll try not to say that anymore.
But he did, some more...
.......until he was done! I'm in and out of the house taking pictures, making coffee, and baking molasses cookies. Yeah, I had a tough day!
Have you guessed? It's a pond! We have a pond!!! Well, actually, we have a big hole. A very big hole. When God fills it up, we'll have a pond.
They came back, the next day (with the sun shining - still cold!) to finish it up.
Then the children rode their bikes around it and in it! We later sat in it and threw clay chunks!
I was standing in the deepest part (11 feet) to take this picture.
Then hubby rode around it to spread the dirt a little more evenly. This is going to take a while.
And this is a shot from the deep end towards the house. Ta-Da!!!
This is what we began with:
Now, after God fills it with water (and we have an actual pond!) We hope to fill it with catfish! Then we'll have a Southern fish fry, hushpuppies and all! You're all invited!
Many, Many Blessings ~~ Julie

10 comments:
Wow...looks like some exciting things going on your way!! I thought you were going to show snow pictures for some reason. Maybe because we got a ton??
Elise
Good morning Julie :)
Exciting stuff! I love the joy I read in your words :)
The pond and the orchard are going to be beautiful!! I want an orchard too!
(((hugs)))
rue
Julie!!!! How exciting! You are just going to love having a pond and watching everything grow! Your little boy is so cute. Can't wait to see more pond pictures! blessings,Kathleen
Looks like a major operation!!
I can't wait to see the finished pond!
Oh congratulations! I remember how exciting it was when ours was dug! You'll love those catfish, too~and the kids will get a kick out of feeding them!
Julie! That is so awesome, you and your family are going to love having a beautiful pond on your property! What fun while your son is still young too...
Bless you,
Donna Lynn
My kids have enjoyed the little pond on our farm. Hope it fills up soon. :)
Wow, your own pond! That is amazing! I am jealous, but in a good way! Boys and their toys!
How exciting. Been there and done that. Sounds like you are making adream of a place with the pond, garden orchard and all. All sounds great. Good luck with everything.
I love how your posts always bring us on many adventures in your life! I love the chalkboard! Hope your hunky hubby is feeling better soon lol!
I love the idea of a pond! How fun!
Post a Comment