Friday, February 20, 2009

The Chicken Wire Fencing is Up!

Look at what hubby and little man did now! They worked a few days digging holes for, and setting, the fence posts in the ground. Then they set to work digging 12" in for the chicken fencing to go around the garden area.
After sawing the excess post tops down, stapling on the fencing, making sure the fencing was packed in well, hubby built a gate with a latch, and..... Ta-Da! We left 2-1/2 feet chicken run between the chicken fencing and what will be the wooden garden fencing. The hens will be the last to arrive.... in a few months, I suspect. ??? Oh! And look!!! The potato plants have broken ground!!!! Well, 5 of the "new potatoes" -- the russets are still hibernating. Hubby and I saw them yesterday and I took a picture, earlier, before I worked the ground. I'm so scared that I'm going to hurt them with that long handled tiller! I took this before I tilled it, so you might see them better. Isn't this exciting?!?!?
Or maybe I'm a bigger nerd than I thought...NOT sure if that's possible....

Well, it's supposed to be storming, here, tomorrow so I'll be working inside. I've got some fresh canvases (for the kitchen) but they are SO intimidating!

Little man and I are off to check the mole trap. Yucky! I hope it caught it but I don't want to see it. I wouldn't go if the coyotes hadn't been causing such a ruckus, every night, lately.

Many Blessings ~~ Julie

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Looks like you all have been very busy! Your hard work will pay off!

Tammy

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I love to see the new little plants emerge too.
:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin