our fruit "orchard"?No? Well, a few months ago we started buying blackberry and blueberry bushes, a Granny Smith apple tree, and 2 peach trees -- 1, a "Belle of Georgia", the other, an "Elberta".
Because the apple tree is going to grow so large, we planted it off by itself. The other bushes and trees are together, however. I'm sorry that I couldn't get a better picture. Hopefully as the trees and bushes start to fill out, we'll be able to see it all crystal clear.
We walk out to check on them every few days. These pictures are close-ups from this week-end! Look at how quickly they changed!
First, the blueberries -- we have 3:

Next, the Peach trees -- Although only the Elberta is doing anything. The Belle of Georgia is taking is a bit easier -- for now.
Now, the blackberries!!!! We have 5 -- hubby put this up for them to grow "on"!
Our lone apple tree. The nursery said that it didn't need a mate.
** Oh! I forgot! I put the strawberry plants in this week-end. I'm not sure about them... they looked odd - very odd....
The herbs have come in! I think that I'm going to have to transplant them soon!!!!
Our newest tree....... a Pecan! I love, love, love pecans! We still haven't put it in the ground yet. It's going to be so large that we're trying to make sure where it will suit.
Okay, that's it for the fruit orchard. Is it big enough to be called an orchard? I'm not sure about that .... or alot of other things????
Many Blessings ~~ Julie

5 comments:
Julie thats so exciting!! I can't wait until you start to see the fruits of your labor!!!
Hey! My name is Julie, too, and I live in West Monroe. Can you believe all this stuff is blooming already? I hope we don't have a bad cold spell now. My confederate jasmine is full of blooms, too.
Good luck on all your fruit bushes and trees! It will be fun to watch them grow. I hope the herbs are a success!
denise
Ooh...jealous...I want an orchard.
Elise
Julie, I am so happy you are enjoying your country place! Just wait until you sample your first fruit, so sweet!
We have 40+ almond trees on our property. In a couple of weeks, they'll be covered with white blossoms. Love it!
Enjoy! Chris
Post a Comment