Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Simple Night & How do you get rid of these Unwanted "Guests"?

When's the last time you had a Chef Boyardee Pizza from a box? My husband introduced these to me about 5 years ago. They are delicious! He also fixed these for supper tonight! Thanks, Sweetie!
We just love these and everything is included in the box!
We do add a small package of pepperoni and some Italian seasoning -- but you don't have to.

For "dessert", I made chocolate chip cookies. A really simple, economical meal -- and fun.
We love simple nights like these....
As for the unwanted guest.... Oh. my. goodness! This little booger has been destroying our yard, methodically for the past few months. U-G-H!!!! Sometimes you see the mounds, sometimes.......... you're just walking along and your ankle twists as it sinks in the ground. We've tried a couple of things, to no avail. It's become a mission -- first, for my husband, but now for all of us to rid our yard of this soil demon. As my husband says, "I don't want to see it hurt. I want to see it DEAD!" I know, it sounds harsh, at first -- but don't judge until you have one. ;*)

Speaking of which.... if you have had one (or more) how did you get rid of them? We're desperate! Thanks, in advance, for any advice!!!

Many Blessings ~~ Julie

P.S. This picture is courtesy of Wikipedia. My husband saw the picture and said, "They're gonna think that you took that picture and wonder why you didn't just go ahead and kill it!"

8 comments:

Sue said...

Just found your blog tonight and I am enjoying it so much.
Blessings,
Sue

Linda said...

Your pizza looks awesome, and your critter, well, I can see why you want it dead sister! Best of luck getting rid of the little varmint!
Blessings,
Linda from kindlelight blessings

BittersweetPunkin said...

I don't think I've ever had that Pizza from a box...I may have to try it!!

I can see why you want to get rid of your unwanted guest!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hi Julie, we love homemade pizza. We have not seen any moles in our yard yet....we have problems with ground squirrels...they chew through the buried phone lines. Hope you find a solution. Blessings, Kathleen

JudyBug said...

What a cute post. Yes, I used to make pizza for us on a weekly basis. Love the crust on those.

And I'm just LOL at your hubby. I was thinking...shoot it, shoot it!!!

My Pa Pat was definitely "Paw" or "Paw paw". :)

Chris said...

Hi Julie!

I have loved Chef Boy-Ar-Dee since I was a kid. My mom often made a couple of them (5 kids + mom & dad) on Friday nights. We all looked forward to it. We added pepperoni too! I used to love to smoosh the dough onto the pan.

I haven't seen any moles, but now gophers...they are drivin' us nuts! I'm thinking a little "Caddy Shack dynamite"!

Chris

Anonymous said...

It is weird I found your posting. I use to make the Chef Boy Ar Dee pizzas all the time. I like them because I don't like a lot of filling but love their dough. But I haven't seen the mix at the grocery store in ages and thought perhaps they were discontinued. I will have to look for them again.

Teacup Lady (Sandy)

Betty G said...

I just love chef boyardee! That brings back so many memories of making it with mama when I was a child. I will have to check Bag & Save and see if they carry it. Comfort food in the making!

And that critter looks like he has a human nose. I saw that and couldn't help rolling on the carpet laughing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin