This was the first section to go up and I was soooooo excited!
Two more sections, then next.....
The dividers started going in. They look "wobbly" but it's for stability and he'll fix it where you won't even see it!
Yay! The top part begins!!!! Don't know how I'm gonna get up there, but.... Yay!
MORE shelves! I'm gonna need them!
Little man gets to help push the trigger on the nail gun!
Now it's time to start framing everything and covering up the "wobblies"!
Now he's all done -- nothing left to do but to fill them.
Which he promptly starts betting me that I can't do with what we own, right now. He is sooooo wrong!
Here's where we stand, today. I just finally had to take this picture, because our ladders are outside (we're painting the outside) and I can't bring them in, yet.
Some are here, on the dining room table, some are in the children's rooms and some...
are still in the shop, in boxes. Even if I couldn't fill those shelves up with what we've got (which I can, hubby -- I'm sticking my tongue out at you, if you're reading this!!!!) there's a book sale, this Saturday at the Symphony League!
But I'll fill them without needing to resort to that! I just don't think that I'm ready to unpack those grandbaby books, yet. Yep, I packed up our little board books and picture books for our future grandbabies!!! I just can't wait!!!!! I will, but .... I'm not taking it well. ;*)Thanks for checking in with me -- I'm off to start catching up with you!
Many Blessings,
Julie

12 comments:
Those shelves are awesome! I'm so jealous :)
Julie (and Hunky Hammer Man),
Your bookshelves are spectacular! What a great focal point to the room...I absolutely love them!
Thanks for all your great comments on my blog! Afraid of cows? You're a country girl, better get over that! Sorry to say, I did not take the squash photo. Hope you try some more squash soon!
Hugs, Chris
Those look so amazing! I would love to have a wall full of bookshelves, even if only so I could go buy enough books to fill them!
I love the title of your blog - Gingerbread Pumpkin just sounds so sweet and fun!
Please, please send your hubby and sweet little boy over.... I want shelves like these!! What a great job! Are you going to have all of your books in different sections and different catagories? Sorry, I am an over organized person.{: Happy for you! blessings, Kathleen
Oh Mrs. Julie,
I wish I'd never found your blog! Now I have to repent of coveting! ~smile~
Seriously, those are really wonderful shelves. You're going to get so much pleasure from them. I'm happy for you!
Mrs. Laura
Julie- the shelves are wonderful!!!!
Hugs,
Pam
I am envious of your book shelves, I wish I had a place like that in my house for books. I read them and then most of them I have to pass along to someone else for lack of space.
Cheri
Love that idea!!
Stop on by, and rest your feet awhile on my front porch!!
Many Blessings.....
Lori Hull
Wow.......and I thought I liked to read....that is sooo cool. Very cool. I enjoyed visiting your blog. cherry
Julie! That is on IMPRESSIVE book shelf!!! Wow, does it bring out that family room! Two thumbs up to your wonderful hubby!!! Hugs,
Maryjane
I love your shelves!! Give the husband a pat on the back!!
Elise
That is absolutely amazing! Those shelves have transformed your room. It reminds me of the library rooms of olde. Love it! I am so happy for you.
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment