Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tagged, Awarded, and Painted Walls

Miss Elise has tagged me to list 6 random things about myself! Here we go:

1. I used to be "in love" with the Tidy Bowl Man and to torment me, my brother used to pretend to be talking to him in our potty and tell me to hurry if I wanted to see him. Then, he would flush right before I made it to the bathroom!

2. My mother named me after my paternal grandmother. Her name was Jewella Belle. She almost named me Julie Belle, but decided on Leigh as a middle name. It's pronounced "Lay", not "Lee" and I've had to explain this to everyone who sees it my whooooooole life! I wish she'd stuck with "Belle"!!!

3. I am a beauty school drop-out (who has that song running through your head right now?!?!?) After losing our first child, through miscarriage, my o.b. "made" me quit. I was to go back after having our little girl, but the school went back on their word (AND our contract) and kept my tuition money (of which we had a student loan that we had to re-pay...)
4. I like to watch true crime stories and see how they caught the "bad" guys (and girls).
My husband picks on me about it! But I can only watch just a couple of them, every couple of months, because I start to get scared of every little creak and bump. Criminals are creepy!
5. I sometimes watch movies that I don't even like just for the aesthetics -- especially their homes and decor! Although, I really don't "watch" movies, as I always have to have something in my hands to do -- even if it's just my computer or notebook & paper...

6. Feet "ick" me out! I like having them, and all, but eeeeewwwww! I don't like looking at bare feet and thinking about them being sweaty and ... I'm cringing just thinking about it!
The one exception -- and this is big -- are baby feet! I loooooooooooooove baby feet!!! Oh My!
I loved kissing on my babies feet and playing "wee wee" with them and "shoo wee, they stink" with them and "peep pie" and listening to them squeal with delight and giggles .... I used to leave them barefoot just so I could look at & kiss their little wee wee's! I miss my babies being babies.... :@(


I'm gonna tag --
Miss Jenny

Miss Sheila has given me an award and I just thank you so much!

Would you please accept this award, from me, as well? I just love reading all of your blogs. I check on you everytime I get on the computer -- I just don't comment the first time around, sometimes. I really try to savor my visits with you because you all inspire me more than you know. I need to update my list, and I will -- just as soon as I can. It's 1:08 am and I've promised photos (plus I have school in the morning!) or else, I'd work on that now.


Here are a few pictures -- before and after painting -- but the rooms are FAR from being finished. Just trying to get that painting out of the way, first.
Here's the dining room, before:
And the only picture that I have of it, after. Sorry:*( Hubby & son are replacing the light fixture with a ceiling fan!

Kitchen, before:

And after painting. It's actually brown, but doesn't photograph well, at all.

A little closer to the color, but not much....

From another angle....

This is the wall leading into the laundry room. I painted a 4 X 4 foot area with chalkboard and magnetic paint. The chalkboard paint was supposed to go over the magnetic paint, but it de-activated the magnetic qualities, so I had to improvise. Hubby is going to frame it out, when he gets a chance.

Living room - before:

and after painting -- we slept on pallets for a few days, but not being 20 anymore -- hubby and I cried, "uncle" and he picked up our mattresses on one of his trips back to the old house.

I know -- we cheated. But we're still kind of camping out!?!? And our backs were so thankful!

Our bedroom, before: Isn't that mauve/rose carpet lovely?!?!? Yeah, it's gotta go..... someday..............This is the only "after" picture that I have. I painted it a dark, denim blue color. I've never had a blue bedroom before. But we love denim and so our comforter is denim and the shams are dark brown faux suede and denim. One day, I'll get a picture. I am done painting the bed and bathroom, though!!!I think, that I'm actually done painting all the rooms except our precious son's room. He is too anxious for words! Finished our baby girl's room (well painting it) a few weeks ago. Guess what? No picture. And painted the little one's bathroom, too. Not even close to being happy enough with it to even think about pulling out the camera -- but we'll get it done. Eventually.

We've got to finish the outside painting, now. We've finished the front of the house except for the dormers and trim. We're going to pick that trim paint out, tomorrow -- as well as some other supplies. Then we're back home to finish washing the rest of the house (so it can be painted), cook supper, do schoolwork, more laundry, work a little more on taking the pool down (that deck is gonna take forever! There are only about 95,000 rusty screws in it!) That "to-do" list just never ends..........

Sorry that the pictures aren't so good and that I can't show you any finished rooms. We're taking our time with the decorating part -- just trying to get the "work" out of the way, first, so we can enjoy. We've done so much and have been so busy, but it's a good busy and I'd really love to enjoy this process. I don't want to wish this time away .... it's all such a blur, though and sometimes I wonder if we've even accomplished anything. Have you ever felt that way?

Okay, it's Monday night/Tuesday morning and I'm just now finishing this post that I began on Saturday! Isn't that pitiful?!?!?

Thanks for visiting with me! *** Many Blessings, Julie

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Your home looks phenomenal! I love the colors, and I'd certainly be camping on mattresses if I could. I'm so excited for your son, especially, since he gets to help with so much of the handy-man work. Too cute!

Thank you for the tag and I look forward to more of your pictures!

Pam said...

Wow, Julie, you've gotten so much done...your home is just beautiful. I LOVE your kitchen!!!!
Hugs,
Pam

Elise said...

I love the tags-you get to learn things about people that you might not normally have known.
Your home is looking great!! Y'all work fast.
Elise

Mary L. Briggs said...

Oh, you've done so much work on your house! It looks great!!! I'm with you on the true crime shows~I watch them, but they are just too creepy! And I'm the same with watching movies just for the decor!

Blessings,

R~Mary

Mrs. B said...

Hi Julie! Congratulations on your award! You really deserve it! I always like learning more about people through these tags. That's so sad about your first baby. That must have been so hard for you. And how awful to have the school keep your money like that.

The house is looking wonderful! I absolutely love that color you painted the kitchen! All the colors are very nice. The window treatments in the kitchen also look great with the paint color. I can see that you've been really busy!

Thank you for thinking of me for the tag! I'd be happy to play long!

Hugs,
Mrs. B

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Wonderful transition/ face lift that paint gives! I love the brown kitchen--so cozy and warm.

Thanks for the tag.
Cathy

P.S. Fun list!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hi Julie, I loved reading your tag info, the tidy bowl man had me laughing! Thanks for tagging me, I will get to that later. I love the pictures of you home! blessings, Kathleen

sheila from life @ #17 said...

look at all that paint! and I love brown walls...our house is just too dimly lit (without the lighting that I am too cheap to turn on if I don't have to) to have brown walls...

and I'm sorry...but #1 just made me grin...that was evil...evil, but funny :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Julie! WOW!! You have been busy in your home. I love all of your paint choices. You are doing great work!!
Penny

tincanlily said...

I love all that you have done! Everything looks great. I really love the brown in the kitchen. That is a very daring choice and wow does it work!
I like seeing before and afters!
denise

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Julie!
Where do I start? You have been so busy, wow, can't believe how much you have gotten done in such a short time, the pressure washing you did looks wonderful! It must feel great to have a clean house, and painted inside too, how exciting for you! Your house is just beautiful, so are your darling children BTW! Can you believe your daughter is already 19? Time flys, enjoy each and every minute of your house adventure, take snapshots in your heart of your home, kids and precious hubby and all the work that is being done...before you know it, it will be all over!

Take care and God bless you! (I understand about your friend problem, I have had three of them myself...will fill you in sometime on that!)
XO,
Donna Lynn

Farmhouse Blessings said...

LOL ~ The tidy bowl man?? That was so fun to read.

Your rooms look so good! Love what the color has done. Maybe this winter I can add some color to my walls once my outdoor work is done. Just love it!

Blessings,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin