
It's still dirty, here. Most of it, anyway. I had started washing it -- we left the shutters on because we didn't want to get water in the screw holes, but "mud" wouldn't quit coming out from behind. Soooooooooooooo..........
Hubby took them off and LOOK! Eeeeewwwww............ I would have been there ALL day!
There were dirt dobber and wasps nest all behind the shutters. They were attached to both the shutters and the house.
Eeeewwwww, again. Then, I had to put the camera away and get back to work. I was sopping wet with a ball cap and one of my husbands old coveralls on!
Hubby finished the bookshelves while I was cleaning, then........... he wanted to mow the yard. But since I "sissied" up about halfway of the porch ceiling (I finished the front, the posts, and about half the ceiling -- I didn't completely wimp out!) I asked if I could mow the yard while he finished the porch ceiling and whatever I didn't do well enough.
I'm thinking that my day was about to be a little easier, but my shoulders were burning and since I slouch, my back was "ouching", too! Y'all, I was such a baby, today. I almost finished the yard, but we ran out of gas!!!! I was grounded -- so I went inside, showered, and cooked dinner. The agony of defeat.
Now that the bookshelves are finished, I need to load them. Not today......not today.......
I'll be back with pictures of our beautiful new shelves, but I'll need to show you the before and after painting pictures, first. I'll hurry!
Many Blessings, my sweet friends,
Julie

11 comments:
well, thank you very much...now i have that song stuck in my head...
oh man...
Ick, I hate cleaning. At least outside stuff anyway.
Can't wait to see some more of the inside!!
Elise
WOW! You're a busy little beaver! I can't wait to see your pictures!
You go girl! No "girly" card necessary, lol.
You've got more energy than I have.
Wow!! You've been very busy! I must tell you that I've used the "girl" card myself several times this summer with our DIY projects! My dear husband just grins.
I think of you and your sweet family often and enjoy seeing all of the updates on your new home.
Have a wonderful weekend-
Hugs and blessings,
Pam
I don't think my husband would even let me get near his power washer (nor do I want to *Ü*)!
That's a lot of hard work there. But just look at how great the house looks! BTW, I despise those mud dabbers!
Can't wait to see those bookshelves...
Hi Julie :)
My goodness! You have been busy!! The house is coming along great :)
I'm sorry about your house guest, but at some point in our lives it's best not to revisit certain relationships.
I'm glad you and your family survived the storm!
hugs,
rue
Julie,
What we have to go through to get to the beauty, huh? You sound alot like me when we're working! Sometimes you just have to play that girl card! :)
And boy do I remember that jingle...I loved the way she growled out that line!
Have a great weekend! Hope you get alot accomplished! Can't wait to see your shelves!
Tammy
Hey Julie,
I tagged you over at my blog. Not that you don't have other, more important things to do...hee, hee!!
Elise
So glad you are enjoying your new home! Even the cleaning..{: You have such a pretty porch. What fun you are going to have in decorating it for the holidays! have a wonderful weekend, blessings, Kathleen
It's always fun when the job is over, don't cha think?!
Looks great!
Post a Comment