
This is a shot from the top of our driveway looking down at the highway.
This is hubby's shop!!!! Yay for hubby!!!!
The pool is in pretty bad shape, the deck is in worse shape. So it's gonna go as soon as we get a chance.
This was their daughter's room. Isn't that cute how she decorated with her favorite team?
Now this picture I took the morning after we moved in. Still her decor, but our junk.
Now, I remember when this wallpaper was in style so I can still see the beauty in it, but again, it's not me....... so..... see that tear?
It became this........
and then this......... but I finally had to run to Wal-mart to get......
.........this. Don't even worry yourself with trying to strip wallpaper without this stuff! It's great!
Isn't that right babies? They jumped in to help and ended up finishing the job! It's been a team effort, here. I'm telling ya! Sidenote: They said that they will N-E-V-E-R have wallpaper in their homes!
Another thing that had to go was the popcorn ceilings! I got so tired of vacuuming those ceilings in our last home!
It is a MESS scraping it down, so don't forget the dust masks! It's not hard at all, just dusty, tiring, and we've got scars on some of our knuckles (where they scraped the ceilings -- eewww!) 
Our oldest daughter celebrated her 19th birthday just a couple of weeks after we moved in! Happy Birthday our little 10lb3oz bundle! She was the biggest baby in the nursery and we were "famous" for a while!!! She's now been with me half of my life -- wow!
Look at her eyeing that pink box! She's wondering ..... as our baby girl and son are sassing her... when I said something about being sweet, I get this "Who me?" look.
he wants to say something back to them but is trying to hold her tongue! It didn't last long, BTW! ;)
She wanted a Blueberry Cobbler instead of a cake, this year.
Without internet, I went through all of my cookbooks 3 times looking for a good recipe. The closest I could find was for a Cherry Cobbler so I tweaked it but it felt like such a "cheat" because I used the canned blueberry pie filling. There weren't any fresh or frozen blueberries in our Brookshires. She said she liked it, though, so that's all that really matters....I guess.... but I still feel guilty.
She requested a breakfast buffet for her birthday dinner. I had her make up the menu and her daddy fried the bacon, me the eggs and I chopped lots and LOTS of fruit! I forgot to take pictures, though!
Look at everybody pretending to be sweet!!!! No, I'm just kidding -- I know I'm blessed!
But for now, I'm off to our little library. I've got to hurry and get back before hubby gets home so we can run to Lowe's. Got to get wood for the bookshelves hubs is going to build!!!!!!
Thank y'all for coming to visit! I hope y'all liked the pictures? I've taken lots more, but I just can't keep you here aaaalllllllllllllll day! Am I too late for that?
Many Blessings, Julie

15 comments:
Hi Julie! I can't wait to see your after pics...but no pressure...thats a huge job!!
You vacuumed your popcorn ceilings? LOL...now who's Martha?
happy birthday to your DD..that cobbler looks so yummy!
well, missy, I'm afraid we're going to have to revoke your official Southern Belle,um, thingie...
I can't believe ya'll are already stripping that wallpaper! I lived with mine for about 1 year before I got around to takin' it down...
Happy B-day to your Eldest :)
Happy Belated Birthday to her! Wow, the big 19, I'm sure you're wondering where the time went. I know I am, and our dd is only 8.
Your home looks beautiful! Ugly paper and all, lol. The bar in the kitchen looks terrific, a great place for "independent learning", lol. I can't wait to see the after pics, too, but take your time. Were you able to get more land than you had at your last home? Looks wonderful!
I wish we could sand down our ceilings. We have the pointy/spong-ished ones and I really don't like them. On the other hand, I'm happy and quite pleased just to have ceilings. :)
Have fun and do be careful!
Blessings!
To all my mother's sweet, sweet friends- thank you and yes, that was a very delicious cobbler! Thank you, Mommy! :)
Julie, too bad I am so far away! I'd take those crepe myrtles in a minute...oh and I'll take some blueberry cobbler too!
Lovely new home. I know you're going to make it special!
Chris
My favorite birthday cake was a "squash pie". It's made from butternut squash and beats any chocolate cake I've ever had.
Loved seeing the progress with the wallpaper--maybe it was good "therapy" after the houseguests left. :)
Blessings!!
Cathy
Happy (Belated) Birthday to your dear Daughter!
Julie, your home looks so beautiful-I am very happy for you!
Hugs and blessings,
Pam
What a warm, inviting home. I have always wanted a cape cod-they are just so home-y. And, seriously, you don't like crape myrtles?? If you didn't have such great taste I would ask what is wrong with you. Just kidding!! I personally detest those pampas grass bush/plant things. Oh, Happy Birthday to your eldest!!
Hope you have a great week!!
Elise
Julie, thanks for coming by for visit. Your home is beautiful!
No we dont' have peach trees. I bought them at the farmers market.
Blessings
Hi Julie! Your new home is beautiful! I'm sure you will have put your own decorating "stamp" on it in no time! Love that fireplace! And you have some wonderful trees in the yard too. Removing wallpaper is a miserable chore! I just read somewhere that water mixed with vinegar really helps take it down. Happy birthday to your daughter! I love her choice of birthday desert! Yum!
Wow, your home is beautiful. Looks like you are jumping right into the decorating. I remember having to pull down wallpaper. I have one room that has a wallpaper in it. I shall never paper again. Paint is so easy! There are a lot of things you can do with paint!
Have a nice night!
Your home and the grounds around it are so pretty! You will enjoy doing so much in your new surroundings! Loved all the pictures! blessings, Kathleen
hi...there is an award for you at my place :)
Julie, I am just so excited for you and your family. Such a pretty place. Can't wait to see how you make it "home"!
Happy birthday to your sweet girl. I have one turning 19 next month. Where does the time go? He was an itty bitty 6 pounds when he was born, but he caught up! LOL
Have fun,
Lea
LOL about the Crepe Myrtles! You can't go anywhere around here without them. Saw our neighbor planting 2 more yesterday morning. LOL
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment