Friday, September 12, 2008

Working on Bookshelves and a Neat Way to save $$ on Painting Supplies

I wanted to show you, first, what a Ray's PeGe Po-Boy looks like (without the gravy!) I know it looks like nothing special, which makes them so easy to make, but these things are truly delicious! Maybe they're made with love? ;*)
And those fresh, homemade fries are just too good to be true! Don't you just love fresh, homemade fries? My mother used to call them "real" potatoes. That always cracked my husband up!
Last Friday, after our run to the library we headed back home to run to the city, to Lowe's, to get some lumber for our bookshelves!!!! Yay!








We didn't get a lumber cart on the way in but the little ones spotted one and were off to snatch it!


Then hubby and son began the choosing of the perfect boards.








After the men finished loading the wood on the trailer, we (we, ha!) had worked up an appetite!







So we went to one of our favorite Bar-be-que restaurants and had to smell it all the way home...... I'm telling you what, that took some willpower! We LOVE bar-be-que!











Saturday morning began another big workday!Big, BIg, BIG!!!!!



Some tools borrowed from my hubby's workshop! Thanks, Sweetie! I had just given our ShihTzu a haircut, (that's why there's hair on the table!)









Our oldest daughter was the only one to "stay the course" in helping Mommy out, with the distressing. Our younger two tried but it just wasn't their cup of tea! So they got put on yard duty .....

With Daddy! But then, after all the work is through............ we can have fun!


Oh! I almost forgot about the pooches.......

There were alot of these stand-off's and then, suddenly.................attack!


Dark came quickly and we had our first bonfire/cookout!
We were able to burn alot of the moving boxes you see behind our sweeties!

Then, I spent a few days, this week staining boards -- for the bookshelves!
All 20-something of them. Hubby is in the living room, as I write, nailing and screwing them to the wall! I can't wait to show you pictures, but he informed me that we still don't have enough...... so we're off, tomorrow, to the city to get some more lumber .......
Before, I go.... I wanted to tell you about this pretty neat way to save your paint brushes and rollers, if you know that you're going to be re-using them in the same paint. I read about this a few years ago and it's worked just great! These yucky looking things, to the left, are paint rollers. The same ones that I've been using for a month! Each time that I've finished painting, for the day, I stick them in a Ziploc bag (the same one -- no getting a new one each time) and pop them in the freezer. When I'm ready to paint, I just pull them out and put them back on the handle and roll away! It's really saved alot on rollers! Hope this helps? That color is called "Cowboy Boots" and I've painted our laundry room, kitchen, and the younger one's bathroom with it -- so these rollers have had a workout!
Have a great week-end!
Many Blessings,
Julie

13 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Julie!! LOVE your photos..looks like the whole family has been busy chipping in...I hope you are getting settled and loving your new place...
Have a GREAT weekend!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love to see pictures of the whole family working together! I can't wait to see your finished shelves! And thanks for the tip on the paint brushes! I hope you're loving your new home!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

sheila from life @ #17 said...

ya'll are really moving!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Looks like a family event. :)
Can't wait to see the pics/

Chris said...

Oh Julie! Look at what fun you are having! I am so happy you are settling into your new home. I can tell you are making it a special place. Can't wait to see those bookshelves...

That po' boy is making me hungry!

Elise said...

Well, I love the color of the rollers in the bag and cannot wait to see the rooms. I am especially on pins and needles waiting to see the shelves.
Elise

Jenny said...

Awesome pictures of the family and what a terrific roller tip! Looking SO forward to the shelving pictures. Thank you so much, Julie!

Psst. . . I'll have some new tree shots in a post tomorrow!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Julie!

Oh it looks like you are fitting in real good with your new home and what a beautiful home it is! I LOVE all your beautiful surroundings outside to! You are very blessed Julie! I could just squeeze your kids! They seem to be sweethearts...humm, like their Mommy!

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Mrs. B said...

Hi Julie! Well, now I'm hungry! I can't wait to see the bookshelves when they're done. That paint roller in the bag trick is great. I use it every time I paint. Love the doggy pictures. A camp fire sounds like so much fun!

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

Another great post! I always enjoy reading! Sounds like fun....I thought I was the only one who even took pics in stores! lol. Good luck with your projects! Your kids are so cute too :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Julie, I don't think we've met before, so thank you for stopping by & leaving me a note. So nice to meet you. Looks like you've got an exciting project of your own.

I hope you'll come back & see me often, since I'm always up to something fun!

Rhoda

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Just love seeing the family all working and playing together. What a joy!

Can't wait to see your finished shelves. Looks great!

Smiles,
Lea

Mary L. Briggs said...

Hi Julie~I'm so glad that you are back on line! Your new home is so pretty! Thanks for sharing all the photos. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them!

I loved the tip on the rollers and paint brushes. I've always put mine in the plastic bags, but never heard of sticking them in the freezer.

The shelves are going to look great!

R~Mary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin