My brother, sister-in-law. nephew, and niece came to spend the night with us on New Year's Day. It was really nice to see them, again. We haven't seen them since May '07. It's such a shame -- we only live 2 hours apart. But they are always on the go and just can't really find time for us....waaaah, waaaah, waaaah.... We do love seeing my brother! We had our ham, cabbage, black-eyed peas, lemon ice box pie, and pecan pie. Did y'all have yours?
....and while I'm asking questions.... When do you take down your Christmas lights? This is the latest we've ever had ours up. We wanted my brother's family to enjoy them and then, poof! It's January 4th and they're still up. Sweet hubby did unplug them, today, though. The crickets are singing, the wasps trying to attack, my hair is frizzing from the hot, humid air, and hubby, baby girl and boy have been working in the yard transplanting oddly placed shrubbery for the past 2 days. The children are going to have a Wii day, tomorrow, instead of school. We're going to start a couple of days later than planned because Mommy just isn't prepared.
I threw away all the units I previously wrote and am BE-HIND! So, I'm going to run and get back to work!
Thank you for visiting, again! I imagine that all of you are enjoying beautiful snow, building snowmen and sledding, sipping on homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows..... enjoy it for me!
Many Blessings,
Julie

3 comments:
Hi Julie...we are back to school tomorrow too..and I'm not ready either...LOL. We've had almost 3 weeks off if you include all the "snow days" we've had.
Hubby goes back to work on Tuesday so maybe tomorrow will be a light day.
Hugs,
robin
Hi Julie, so glad you had a happy holiday. Your house looks lovely lit up. We actually leave our lights on our front porch section for the year. We do this so that we can sit out on summer nights and the bugs leave us alone by going to the lights. Blessings, Kathleen
Hi Julie :)
Your home looks beautiful all lit up and so do your trees, even the one you cut down :)
I love it when you comment on my blog because you always make me smile, just like I do when I visit you here. Thank you :)
Happy New Year sweet friend and I hope all your wishes come true!
hugs,
rue
Post a Comment