Monday, December 22, 2008

A "Few" of our Christmas Trees...

You know how Kevin feels about Christmas trees in Home Alone? Yeah, I kind of love my Christmas tree, too! I'd love to have a little Christmas tree farm....I believe I will, but it will be VERY little and just for us and our grandbabies (unless we got a bunch more land?) This is one of our favorite books...For our little trees, we have mini-ornaments (half-price) with ribbon tied atop.We've 2 of these, set up, in the living room.Then we set out to get a live tree! Our first, in about 5 years. After we moved here, we couldn't find a good tree farm or lot, so we had to buy our first artificial one. I've missed the fresh scent of a real one ever since. We are walking on our land but we only have very few trees for cutting. I want to plant some just for this...
After walking around for a while, and it was unusually cold that day, we ended back up on the side yard at this little 4-foot beauty!It took all of about 4 seconds to saw this down!...and we headed back towards the house. Look at our little tree guy! Isn't he cute?!?!Now, I know what you're thinking......... "That Julie has herself a honey of a tree. How am I even going to look at mine without feeling cheated?" LOL!With a couple of strands of lights and some inexpensive balls......and 3 new ornaments bought half-price at Hobby Lobby... Now for our big tree (our first artificial tree). I don't believe that our girls will ever forgive us for buying one -- it will be the story heard over and over by their children....

Hubby and youngest daughter put on the clear lights, first, then the big colored ones.The ornaments get scattered on the tables and.......for the first year, the children decorated it with VERY little help from me. Usually, I do all except for a few ornaments -- this year, it was just the opposite.Here's the tree topper (it has the letters for NOEL on it's points) and a few of our favorite ornaments collected over the past 21 years.
Our tree has to have Raggedy Ann's and an Andy on it (it was the only ornament I had as a child -- it's gone now, I think my mother threw it away.)I just love elves -- when I was little, we had a couple little pixie elves on the tree.We've had these Santa's for almost 20 years.A few are homemade... they almost always involve glitter! About 15 years ago, we started taking the children to the ballet at Christmastime. While we were in the Shreveport area, this was the Nutcracker, so we started looking for ballet slippers, nutcrackers, candy garland, I made big candy colored bows from florists ribbon, hubby and I cut our little gingerbread men & house ornaments and I painted them (I got soooooo sick of brown paint!) and most importantly, we started using colored lights on the tree! That was a big no-no, before, because my mother had always said they were tacky. I became a Christmas tree rebel in my mid-20's!!!Hubby loves snowmen.I love the gingerbread men...Some of our favorites are the Bible story series...
They have their Christmas "trains"...
My favorite Santa ornament!
Love candy canes!!!
I think this one is our favorite Nativity ornament...but we like the others, too.
There's so many more, but I'm gonna stop. Yay, huh?!? The children and we have trees in our rooms, but, again, I'm gonna spare ya! Thank you for even looking at any of this!!!

I'll be in the kitchen, again, all day tomorrow cooking for our little family of 5. Hubby is gonna fry the ham (we think?) on Christmas day. We were going to get another turkey, but they were all frozen..... Something else, new, this year. Hope it's good!!!

Our family wishes y'all a most blessed, joyful, full of family, worshipful, Merry Christmas!
Julie and "the Gang"

15 comments:

Pam said...

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas-
Hugs and Blessings,
Pam

tincanlily said...

Beautiful ornament on your trees.
Merry Christmas to everyone in your family!
denise

Chris said...

Beautiful trees and beautiful post Julie!

I know that your first Christmas in your new home will be just wonderful!

May all the blessings of the season surround you and your sweet family.

Lots of CHRISTmas Love, Chris

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas Julie and everyone else!

Blessings!

cherry said...

Merry Christmas...your trees are beautiful. cherry

Paula said...

Everything looks so pretty, Julie!! I LOVE the little Raggedy Ann and Andy ornaments- those are too cute!!
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!!
((HUGS))

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Julie,

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas filled with lasting memories!

I think your tree you cut down is cute...and very special!

All of your ornaments are so pretty! Don't you just love those half price ones?

Have a great day after Christmas!

Tammy

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Julie!
Hope your Christmas was fabulous! What beatiful trees!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Everything looks so lovely! We get a real tree every year...I think next year we are going to get 2....smaller ones.

Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Robin

Elise said...

Love your trees!! We normally have at least 5, but this year they didn't make an appearance. :(
Next year for sure!!
Elise

Chanda said...

I think both of your trees were beautiful, especially the little shrimpy one, it came put the prettiest. Happy New Year
Shanda

Chanda said...

I think both of your trees were beautiful, especially the little shrimpy one, it came put the prettiest. Happy New Year
Shanda

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

I love all your ornaments! Happy Healthy New Year! Bless you and yours

Robin Beck said...

Hi Julie,
I have been on a much needed blog break but am back up and running!
I just wanted to come over and say thank you for you kinds words on my blog. Thank you for the compliment on my daughter-She is a cutie that is for sure and so is her new baby girl! ~♥~ Everything is going well and everyone is doing well!
I do love your trees and love, love, love the photo the little guys with the big tree! So cute.
Your header is adorable too!
I do hope you and your family have a happy and blessed New Year!
Robin~♥

tincanlily said...

Happy New Year!
denise

Blog Widget by LinkWithin