Speaking of little man... he's got a cold. It just came on all of a sudden, but it's not a complete surprise -- one day the temps are in the 70's, the next in the 30-40's..... School has started back and when you homeschool (and you have a mean mommy) you don't get out of your schoolwork. That's what he's doing in the above picture -- laying on the couch with our anniversary quilt (a gift from our babies!), in front of the fire, doing his schoolwork.
Baby girl is studying the Victorian era (she's cutting out pictures of Victorian postcards for her schoolwork) and the unit study that we bought, the one I researched so thoroughly....well... it didn't work out -- for us. And because I believed it was going to be great... I threw away all the Victorian units that I wrote when our oldest daughter was studying this period in history. UGH! I'm going to be kicking myself for that one for a long, long time!I guess that I'm going to go get the roast, for tomorrow night's supper, marinading and make some hot chocolate for the family. I sure hope to start catching up with y'all this week-end!
Y'all stay well!
Many Blessings,
Julie

5 comments:
Hello My Sweet Julie! Your home looked so pretty for Christmas! I am sure it was a wonderful one! Hope you little one feels better soon! Thinking of you sweetheart!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Happy New Year!
Sorry to hear your son is under the weather.
Our weather has been pretty consistently COLD .
It is too bad we can't think of outdoor lights as winter lights. I love looking at all the lights!
So much preparation, maybe just a tree or two with lights on would be OK. I have not taken my outside lights down yet, soon. When it gets a little warmer!
denise
I love LH books!! Makes me want to be a pioneer for a second...then I hop back on my computer and forget all about that urge!!
Elise
Hi Julie, looks like homeschool is so much fun!I hope your little one is feeling better soon. Stay warm. Have a wonderful weekend, blessings, Kathleen
Hi Julie!
I hope the sick ones get better soon...it is that time of year.
I swear you and I have the same couch.....
Hugs,
Robin
Post a Comment