Now, on to the backyard in progress. I'm not going to say much, if anything, about these next pictures. They're pretty self explanatory. I only have to say that the pool and deck were in terrible condition and a major eyesore. My husband has worked almost single-handedly (we've been pretty useless, but we've tried our best when we get out there) taking this down and repairing the yard. This is how the yard looked when we first saw it and trust me, when I say that it looks better in pictures than it really looked. It. was. yucky.
Hubby pumped out the water (as much as would come out) and started dismantling. He had to take a portion of the deck down first because they attached it somehow. ???
Eeeeew..... it smelled swell, too.




I think hubby told me that the hole was 16 feet around and about 4 feet deep. It took a whole truckload (15 yards) of dirt to fill it in and we're going to have to get into that other truckload we ordered. I'm not thrilled about that because I really need it for our garden! All I know is that that hole was really big (even though it doesn't look it in the pics) and really yucky.



I just LOVE seeing our little man helping his Daddy. How blessed we are to have such a sweet little one and a Daddy that's patient enough to teach him and let him help.
About 48 hours ago.....
About 24 hours ago.....
The hole is only about half the size it was.
Nope, we don't own a tractor, a backhoe, a front-end loader ..... this was all done with shovels, a rake, a little red wagon, a new little "wagon" hooked up to 4-wheeler (that had to be filled by shovels -- we've nicknamed it "Kermit".) It was hard work but we consider it character building. My "character" is SORE, today. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older, trying to get over a cold, a sloth, or a combination...... but I'm trying not to fuss. I am, a little, but I'm trying not to...
I really think it's worth it -- this is how it looks today.Okay, I'm off to make a grocery list. I don't have a clue what to put on the menu -- I'm completely thrown. The weather is doing the 65 degree thing (where I'm thinking "fresh" food) and the 33 degree thing (where I'm thinking chili and bean soups.) I just never get used to it....
Many Blessings ~~ Julie


9 comments:
This looks like a ton of work! Good thing he had a helper!
-Kim
You didn't want a lake, Julie?!?! Just think of all the mosquitos you could have had over summer. And the snakes!! Will wonders never cease!?
I'm sure it feels great to have that almost done. Homes are never ending projects, aren't they??
Elise
Great clean up Julie! Hubby is a hard worker and a keeper! You have a huge, beautiful backyard!
Hugs,
Maryjane
P.S. I LoVe your PINK rubber boots! Gotta get me some! xox
Wow! I'm impressed, with the pink boots and all your hard work. I'd have more than my "character" sore. That yard is going to look great when you are finished.
Hi Julie :)
Y'all are tough! I would have been whining like a sissy girl LOL Great job! You should have kept the hole though and then you could have been like the characters in Funny Farm and had ducks LOL I LOVE that movie too!! Seriously though, I can tell it's going to be great when it's finished.
I hope all of you feel better soon!!
(((hugs)))
rue
Hi Julie, what a lot of work, but aren't you glad it's done? I just love those snazzy boots to work in! I found your comment on my blog and had to laugh! You are going to be an amazing gardener, because you really want to be! I will be seeing your pictures of your bounty soon! No doubt! Blessings, Kathleen
Love your pink boots! I just got my first pair too ~ they're pink with white polka dots and I just love them. I think I would try to wear them to church if I wouldn't embarrass my husband! LOL
What a bunch of hard working men you have there!
Smiles,
Lea
That's a lot of work! Loved all the pics w/your little one and Daddy...and the family dog! Adorable!
Post a Comment