A line from Funny Farm -- one of my husband's and my favorite movies!
No, we don't own ducks, but we own a truckload of dirt! But as I was thinking of telling you about it, that line just kept popping in my head! We bought dirt!!! We own dirt, y'all -- we're dirt owners!!! We've been looking forward to getting this dirt since we moved in, really. The backyard holds water terribly and since sweet hubby took down the pool and deck -- yikes! Plus, we really need to get the garden area set up. It looks like we're gonna need more, though. We're just going to have to see after we get it spread out.
You wanna see it? Our dirt?
Y'all we were just like little kids anticipating this sight!
Even Baby Girl came out to see (and she's got the cold, now!)
Little Man is trying to get over his cold (and is doing much better) but it's not every day that you get a truckload of dirt!!!!
Can you tell it's the first time he's been outside, in days?!? He told his daddy that he's a "country boy" now!
Many Blessings ~~Julie

12 comments:
That is one serious pile of dirt! So, just how dirty did your little boy get from playing in all of it? :)
That is so funny, Funny Farm is also my favorite, the line I love is" It'll cost you" I say that to hubby everytime he ask for something...he laughs...LOL.
I know about dirt too...I have moved it from one spot to another with my machine when I landscape the property...Have a Great Day!
Karlene
Isn't that funny when a boy sees dirt that there is a strange gravitational force that brings the two together! Love it. Makes me laugh and think of my brother when we were younger. Enjoy your new project. I would love to have a garden someday!
blessings, angie
That looks like hours of fun!! LOL
I love the smell of fresh dirt...when it's not IN my house...LOL.
Hugs,
Robin
It's always amazed me how excited men get about dump trucks with either dirt or gravel in them.... I know it has to be a man thing! LOL
I love Funny Farm, too!!
Julie, glad you are a dirt owner! lol. I have been there also. The little house we owned in town , (before we moved out here) had solid rock ground that was poor. We had topsoil brougt in and everything grew wonderfully! Good luck on making it work for you! blessings, Kathleen
Dirt it is! How fun is that for your little country boy! I loved the dirt to when I was little. I still love to dig in it, as long as I have some flowers to plant in it!
Thinking of you Julie!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Aww, Julie, you can never have too much dirt!! I'm starting to plan my garden, too. I'm already looking forward to spring!
Now, that is dirt!!! My boys would be in heaven.
We love, love, love Funny Farm! One of our favorites.
Yo, ma! Check this out.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/
Later Babe!!
That is so cute of your little man on top of the world, I mean dirt!!
Love your backyard!!
Elise
I love dirt, too! It holds such promise.
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment