Sunday, July 27, 2008

Well, today is gonna be my last post for a bit.... I'm. going. to. have. to. do. without. (cough, cough) internet............. until the satellite people can come and hook it up. Noooooooo!
I'm sure that it will be good for me, though. Maybe I'll actually get some things accomplished?!?

But I'm going to miss you all so much. So very much.

Today, I'll spend packing and help my husband pack 2 vehicles, tonight. I either won't be able to sleep at all because of anxiety or I'll completely crash out because of it. I just never know! I need to organize all of my "to-do" lists. (You should see them -- they're a mess -- there's a list for almost everything -- y'all would laugh at how pitiful I am!) But my memory is just shot.

Tomorrow's going to be a blur. I have lots planned out, but who knows what I'm forgetting???

Here come alot of pictures..... a tour of our home. I struggle showing it, because I've seen so many beautiful pictures of your homes and I just know that I don't measure up. But this is me.... this is our family home and by "hiding" it, I may seem ungrateful to the One who gave it to me. I love our home and I don't ever want to be that way. It's just that I'm very easily made to feel small and inadequate by other people. I don't worry about that with y'all, though. I wish that I could know you in person because I've never met anyone like you, before! You are such an incredible blessing!

These are some pictures of little man's room: It's going to be a bit before he has a finished room, again. I know that I'll rush it, though, because he's so sweet and being so understanding about it. But this is his room, today.
I cross-stitched this prayer for his nursery and he still wants it hanging above his bed. Isn't he precious?Hubby and I cut, painted, & hung these peg boards to hold little man's things!I made these curtains when we moved here 7 years ago.......We recycle ALOT of furniture around here. This chest used to be white. It's 50 years old and was in my sister's nursery. My parents also used it for my brother & I. I've re-painted it a few times before finally stripping it all the way down, re-painting, & staining it.The bulletin boards have been used and re-used too many times to count! The desk used to be oldest daughter's. I re-painted it to match little man's room and interests.These lamps used to be in our living room. I saw some like them on the internet about 10 years ago and fell in love -- but they sold for over $300 each!!!!! So I pleaded with my brilliant husband to replicate them. So he built them & I painted them. I think we spent less around $30 for the pair (including the lamp kits and shades.) We already had the paint and scrap lumber.The children's bath. We put up rope for the chair-rail.I painted these wooden knobs to match the nautical/beach decor.The caricatures were each done at different theme parks when each of our children were much younger! Husband made the frames and framed them for me! View from our kitchen into our dining/living room.My husband built the pie safe, cookbook holder, dining table, armoire, bookshelves, and the green computer cabinet. Yes, I realize how blessed I am. He's so brilliant. God has truly gifted him. He also built the end table that you don't see in this picture and the huge picture frames!
This is looking from the living room towards the kitchen. Our "coffee" table used to be our dining table. Hubby sawed the legs down and I re-painted the legs black and the top leather brown. The red box (underneath) was built to hold our son's school supplies, but now that he stores them with his sister, it holds lap blankets and pillows! The furniture is denim. I highly recommend it. It's been very durable for us these past few years.

The rolltop desk was brought to me by Santa when I was about 10. It used to be white with porcelain knobs. I re-painted it a dark green about 3 years ago and finally decided to strip & stain it. Sweet hubby put the new hardware on it! I think it will be re-locating to the Nancy Drew room than younger daughter wants.This is a shot from the living room into the foyer. That's a "chalkboard" painted on the lower wall. I love chalkboard paint! I painted a door in our kitchen with it, too! Great for grocery lists and to-do's! The bookshelves didn't used to be there. There were spindles, but I asked husband to build these in. You need alot of books when you homeschool! This is our front room. It's had a few incarnations. When the children were younger, it was their playroom. Then used as the schoolroom -- but since they "do" school everywhere...... it's a multi-purpose room! Computer room, guestroom, den......... Yeah, that's a bed (we sold our futon.) Our children love to sit on it to watch a little tv and lay on it (during the day) to read and "camp out" in there on Friday nights (to watch Saturday morning cartoons!) See that table & benches? Guess who made it???Well.......... he also built the window seat and bookshelves/cabinets (they're on both sides of the window seat!) AND he put in the floors!Our room. The red is MUCH darker than it appears in these pictures. We had this sweet, little elderly man build this bed for us years ago (before my husband had the tools to build it himself.) It's a replica of our honeymoon bed. We stayed in a B&B. Am I telling too much? Sorry, I do that sometimes...... Husband built the console at the end of the bed and the nightstands. He also built the frames on either side of the window. They used to hang in son's nursery. I re-purposed them by sewing some "art" and re-painting the matting. Husband framed everything!!! I sewed the pillows and valance. I can only sew straight seams (and NOT well, either!)Husband chose antique mirror frame. We never did get a mirror put in there! The bathroom vanity, my husband built! What was there was pretty awful so I drew out what I wanted and he built it! He also framed out the mirror. It's so pretty up close, but I couldn't get a good picture.....

And this is where we sit and talk (on our patio that, yes, my husband built!!!!) We have our coffee here on his days off and Coke, tea, lemonade, etc. in the afternoons. When we can, of course. Not today, though -- busy and 105 degrees! Yikes! We'll find a new spot, soon.

Well, thank you for going along on the tour and down a kind of "memory lane" for/with me. New memories will be in the making starting tomorrow.

I hope to see you all, again, very soon! If I don't see you until after the Olympics, let's "watch" them together (virtually, of course ;O ) Lots of hugs and much love!

Many Blessings,

Julie

21 comments:

sheila from life @ #17 said...

obviously the stress has gotten to you...your about-to-be-Old-Home is beautiful!!!

Good luck with finishing up the move & see you when ya'll get alllll done :)

sheila from life @ #17 said...

p.s. you realize I'm teasin' about the stress, right? :)

just makin' sure...

Anonymous said...

I stink you should keep you hubby! He's a real keeper!!!!

Hubby

Julie said...

Hey, y'all!

Anonymous Hubby REALLY is my hubby!
Isn't he a crazy nut?!?!?
I stink I WILL keep you -- you're right, you ARE a keeper!!!!

I love you!
Julie

Jenny said...

I agree with your hubby, he is a keeper!

Lol, thank you for the trip. Your home really is beautiful. I'm sure ours is too, way under the clutter I can't seem to control. You've done a wonderful job with this home and I can't wait to see pictures of the new one!

Hugs, Lady, you deserve it!

P.S. Mind sending your man up here for a few projects? :)

Patty H. said...

Your "old" home is beautiful.
Looking forward to pictures of your new one. Praying the move will go smoothly.
Blessings
Patty H.

Donna Lynn said...

That Stinker! What a Keeper!

Julie, bless you and remember, being anxious does not add to our lives, but takes away! (Bible verse, can't remember where this AM though :) Keep your chin up, "This too shall pass", or, before you know it this will all be over and your life will be peaceful again! OK, I'm done now...
Your home is lovely, and I know you will make the next one warm, inviting, and delightful too!
When we decorate with our heart, it is always beautiful!

Thanks for the kind message about my blog, I got freaked out by all the mass mailings (cause I am an internet duffus!!!) and now I am feeling much better about all of that!
XO,
DL

Elise said...

Julie,
You should so not feel inadequate about your home. I think its adorable and I'm having battles with the green-eyed monster about your husband's handiness. We all have different wants, needs, and priorities in a home. I was just thinking about that earlier. You voicing your thoughts brought to my mind the feelings I sometime have about my own. You know what though? God has blessed us with this place.

Can't wait to see your new home!!
Elise

Rue said...

Hi Julie :)

Your home is beautiful and you husband is extremely talented! You are right up there with all those who you think have beautiful homes. I can't wait to see the next one!!

Hugs,
rue

Chris said...

Julie & Hunky-Handy Hubby,

Your home is warm, welcoming and altogether charming...just as I imagined it would be! I enjoyed the tour very much, just as I will enjoy the decorating fun in your new home.

I'll miss you while you're "gone"! But I am keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers that these few days will be easier than you imagined. Bless you on your newest adventure!

Julie said...

Wow!! Don't be ashamed of a thing--your home is great!! Glad you shared with us. Good luck with all that you have going on. Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Everything is soooooooo beautiful! What a lovely home you have! I am sure that when you get in your new home everything will just fall into place and you will LOVE it too!!
Hugs,
Robin

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

Thanks so much for inviting me in for a tour...I really enjoyed it! ;) Everything looks great!!!! A+!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Julie!

Thinking of you durning your move! Always, remember sweet Julie "A house is a home where love dwells"! I have no doubt that you will make your new home as lovely as your last!

Love ya!
Maryjane

Mary L. Briggs said...

Oh, Julie, thanks so much for the tour of your lovely home! I'm looking forward to seeing the new one, too. I do hope and pray that everything is going well with your move and that you are not too stressed out over it. You may not do that, but I do!

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, too!

R~Mary

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Julie,

Your home is BEAUTIFUL! I know you'll miss your old home...it would be very hard for me to leave ours with all the memories here!

I love your red master bedroom with the red walls and the pencil post bed!

Your home is just gorgeous, Julie!

We'll look forward to you getting your internet service back!

Hope everything goes smoothly getting moved in!

Tammy

Pam said...

Oh Julie, I've been away, and missed this post...
Your home is just lovely.
I enjoy visiting with you so much and I'll miss you while you are away but will be praying that all goes well. We have moved 7 times (ugh!!!) and I understand the stress involved, but it's all going to be ok. And I look forward to hearing from you again soon, and seeing pics of your new home- I'm very exccited for you.
Take care, sweet Julie.
Hugs and blessings,
Pam

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Okay, Julie....it's Thursday, August 7th...and I'm missing you! I hope everything is going well and that you get your internet back soon!

Tammy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a lovely home you have, Julie! I love all the nooks and bookshelves. That is something I've always wanted here. They just add such richness to a home.

You have done a wonderful job to make your home warm & inviting. Wish I could visit!

Smiles,
Lea

Mrs. B said...

Julie, your home is beautiful! I love your red walls! It all looks so cozy and full of love. I know it must be so hard to leave, but I know your new home will soon be just as beautiful and you will fill it with all new memories! Hope you make it back to blogland soon!

Chris said...

Julie, I am missing you!

I hope the move and settling in has been without too many aggravations. Hurry back!

Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin