Y'all this is so scary......... this is the first house we've owned. We rented several places for over a decade of our marriage. Were any of you nervous when you sold your first home?
Our realtor is just the sweetest! She was the seller's realtor when we bought this home. She's actually sold it the past 3 or 4 times it was on the market, from what we understand.
Okay, I'm going to post some pictures of our daughters room. They've taken down most things that they had on the walls. Can you believe there was more? The paint color is "Pink Princess". Perfect name for them! This room has been moved around and around over the past 7 years and was even a whole different theme............ but this is how it stands, today.
Now, their Daddy was going to build them a sleigh bed, once upon a time, but things have been crazy since we've been here, so............ we bought 4 old shutters down on Antique Alley and put them together to use as a headboard. They were a grungy off-white but when we re-decorated, we sprayed them gloss black. Then we moved the bed in front of the window.
We split the shutters apart and put one on each side of the window and used 1 to make this glass top desk (that's in front of the window now.) The colors look really off, but everything is pink, black, white, and hot pink. Older daughter uses "shutter desk" for her computer, printer, etc.
Younger daughter uses the other black desk to type (on our old typewriter -- she LOVES that thing!) and craft on. That's her, typing away!
This hot pink peg shelf was originally white and hung in our son's nursery. For the "curtains", I just sewed a simple rectangle from the black gingham (I love gingham and rick-rack!) The valance is pink satin and black taffeta with black gingham fabric joining them together. The pink polka ribbon is sewn on the black gingham to hold up the curtain. We let them down when it gets too stormy outside! There are black polka ribbon loops sewn to the valance to hang from the pegs.
I cross-stitched this poem when our younger daughter was still in my tummy. My husband built the frame, had the glass cut, cut the mats, and framed it for me. He's incredible! This is one of my favorite pieces. It was really hard to pack up.
This used to hang in our living room and was painted blue. I only had to re-paint the background pink and the frame black. I don't imagine anyone's going to hang this in their room in the next house.
We put this out at our daughter's graduation for people to sign. We homeschool and at their graduation (which was very intimate and at a local church.) Each of the graduates had their own table to set things out that reflected who they are. It was very sweet.
These next 2 pictures...... the matting is hot pink, not this reddish-tone. I just painted those wooden craft letters black, glued on some rhinestones, nailed ribbon to the back to hang, and hung them.
We made these years ago! These are painted hot pink (what else, huh?!) With Valentine candy hot glued on and sprayed with clear spray paint.Okay, I'm going to quit boring you for today. Thank you for visiting and thank you for your support through all of this!
Many Blessings,
Julie

12 comments:
Congratulations! That's wonderful news to be selling your first home. I imagine it can be a bit overwhelming too. Hugs, as I know you'll get through it. You have Him on your side, how could you not? :)
The girls room is lovely! My dd would jump right in! Your older dd having her phot signed is a great idea for a homeschooler! I never would have thought of that.
Gotta run,
Hugs
Hi Julie....Congratulations!! Jenny said it all- it is a bit overwhleming, but it's all going to be ok. Keep trusting....
I love your girls room. I miss those days; our two older girls shared a room- they are a year and a week apart in age-
I really like all of the ideas in their room; it's a great room.
I hope that you and yours have a Wonderful Fourth-
Hugs,
Pam
What a fun room!! Thank you for your input about homeschooling. I think the prayer is one thing I have not done so much. I will try that and maybe God will impress upon me what to use.
And no, for us it was not hard to sell our first home. We tried almost every spring that we lived there.
Hope you have a quick sell!!
Elise
Hello Sweet Julie!
Wow, your house is on the market?! You will have to fill me in on all the details! Where are you planning to live next? I love what you did with the girls bedroom! I know you will add special touches in your new home to, because YOU HAVE TALENT!!!
Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and new job! Good things are happening in your life. How blessed you are!
Happy 4th my dear friend Julie!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Such a lovely lovely room! How exciting...the wheels are in motion....
Happy 4th!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Robin
Julie, I am so happy you're "on your way" to your dream place! All the packing and primping to show your home will be worth it. And who wouldn't love that wonderful girl's room. Black, white & pink is a favorite color scheme. You have done so many creative things in the room - lucky girls!
Best of luck with the sale! Chris
Hi Julie :)
Your daughter's room is darling! It's hard to pack it all up, but what fun to redecorate in the new future home! Congratulations on getting it on the market. I hope it sells quick :)
hugs,
rue
Oh I am so excited for you! We only bought our first home 5 years ago and then my husband lost his job and we had to sell. We were scared silly, but you know the Lord blessed us and some folks offered $20,000 more than we were asking. Can you imagine? Just a blessing and a miracle.
We were sad to lose our only "owned" home but we were also blessed with living our dream when it was all over.
Only the Lord knows what wonderful things are in store for you and your family!
I really love that girls room. My, my ~ what lucky girls!
Blessings,
Lea
I'm impressed! Great room! Good luck and God bless the selling of your home!
You didn't bore me at all, Julie! I love your girls' rooms!
I love the idea of the valentine heart candy picture frames! That is adorable!
I know you must be a little nervous about selling your home too! I hope it sells quickly for you and everything goes well!
We did the display table at our son's homeschool graduation too. I wish I had thought of signing the picture frame matting. They all signed a little graduation dog.
Have a great week!
Tammy
Well, I'm a little behind the times :) but Good Luck with your house selling :)
and it is easy to tell how much love you put into decorating your daughters' room :)
What a darling room! Love the colors and the use of the old shutters. Yep, I've got a shutter thing too.
Good luck on the house selling. When we sold our first one, I cried.
Post a Comment