
We park in the back and face the "wilderness"! Not a bad view, huh? I try to daydream (but am just a little too stressed to do it well!)
This is our local library branch. Very close to our home (for the next few weeks, anyway!) I'm gonna miss having a library so close and this one is really nice!
On my birthday, I had to get out twice (but didn't complain!) The second time, we got to eat at my favorite "diner". Ray's PeGe -- Y-U-M!!!! They have the BEST beef Po-boy's and homemade fries! I'm ashamed to say that I hadn't ever had a Po-Boy until I was 31 and it came from here -- been in love with them ever since! They serve them with brown gravy. At first, I thought, "Yuck! Who puts gravy on a sandwich?" But let me tell ya, a Po-boy is NO mere sandwich and if you've never tried the gravy.......... you just don't know what you're missin'!!!
Y'all, is that a "Hummer" or a "Humvee"? Either way, wouldn't you not like to fill that puppy up? Yikes!
These were my beautiful gifts from our sweet children! Little man made me a beautiful piece of multi-media art, older daughter wrote 2 more books (sequels to 1st book), and younger daughter knitted me a scarf and 2 multi-purpose cleaning "rags"!!!!! Am I one of the most blessed Mommies or what?!?!?
The next day, the girls lip-synced and danced to one of my favorite songs...... Irving Berlin's "Sisters, Sisters" from the movie "White Christmas". I'd been asking for that one for years! P.S. Can you tell which one stays in the pool? She's even darker in person! "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters.....when a gentlemen arrived from Rome...." can't get it out of my head, now!!!!!
On Saturday, we window shopped at a fabric shop and on Antique Alley. This one is my favorite!
Okay, on a sad note, I've got Court TV (now known as TruTV) on and they're in trial on a DUI case where a police officer was killed. He had just stopped one drunk driver and crossed the highway and was hit by another drunk driver. They said his police car was "T-boned" -- he looks like he was such a sweet man. They even showed video of him dealing with the first drunk driver (just moments before he was killed) and he was so nice. Watching the testimonies, especially of his fellow police officers -- one was breaking down crying describing the crash and seeing his friend. Oh, it's just too heartbreaking for words.
I'm just going to go ahead and tell you more than I should, here....... my brother is a police officer. He used to be a patrolman, now he's a detective in the sheriff's office (his heart is still in patrolling, though.) He's seen more than any of us ever want to know about. I would say that I don't know how he deals with it, (because I've seen him cry (especially when the victims are children) and I've seen him "zone out" when he recalls a scene) but, actually, I do know how he "deals". He has a wicked sense of humor and the most tender heart, but here's the answer....... GOD! Yep, our Heavenly Father! But I bet you knew that already, didn't you?!
Y'all try to stay cool and be blessed!
Many Blessings,
Julie
I'm adding this on after the original post: Miss Jenny wrote and asked if this were like the Po-Boy's we eat. They are VERY similar, but ours aren't as fancy as Mr. Emeril's!
This is a REALLY quick (and cheater) way to make them (a.k.a. the way I do it!) You'll need: very thinly sliced roast beef (Cajun, if you can) from your deli; mayonnaise (YUCK!); mustard (Yay!); shredded lettuce; very thinly sliced tomatoes; a package of brown gravy mix; & French bread or "hoagie" rolls.....
Just make the gravy (season with some Tony's if you want some extra spice!) butter and broil/toast the French bread (or sandwich rolls) -- add your mayonnaise (Hellman's is all my hubby will use!) or Mustard (I like French's) , layer your roast beef, shredded lettuce, tomato slices, & spoon -- no LADLE -- on your brown gravy! Yep, this is messy -- all really good food is! Blessings!

16 comments:
Blessings to you and Happy Belated Birthday!
And I have to admit........... I've never had a Po-Boy, and certainly no gravy, and I'm 36. Wonder if they have those up here?
Going to research. . .
Blessings
I have to say that I've never had a Po-Boy either and I'm from the south!
Happy Birthday a little late too!
Have a great week!
Tammy
Checking back in. Is this similar to what your po-boy is? http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-live/debris-poboys-recipe/index.html
Julie--you had a birthday! Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a most wonderful, blessed year ahead!
Hugs,
Pam
Happy Birthday to you!!!
I am saying prayers for some fierce competition on the sale of your house...maybe it will drive the price up....woo hoo!!
Hugs,
Robin
Great post! What a great family--Happy birthday.
Cathy
Happy Birthday!! It seemed really special. Those children's handmade gifts are really the best, aren't they? Yay, hopefully you have a buyer for your home!!
Elise
Happy Birtday!
Sounds like you had a great time.
Your daughters are beautiful.
I have never had a Po-Boy, but after reading this post, I do know that I am hungry!
denise
Hi Julie! Happy Birthday! Oh, you are such a lucky Mommy! What sweet things your kids did for you! And I just love White Christmas, so I bet that was so darling.
And thank you to your brother and others like him who work so hard to keep our communities safe. I just can't even imagine some of the things they come face to face with.
I think having the same people come look at your house is a good sign. It means they really like it! I hope that will mean some good news soon!
Hi Julie :)
I'm so glad you're getting visitors! Yay!! I hope the house sells soon :)
Happy belated Birthday!!
You just made me sooooo hungry!! I think I'll have to make those soon! :)
Oh and you don't want a Beagle. I love Shiloh with all my heart, but he howls, he sheds and he runs away to chase deer and cars. One time Rich caught him chasing a combine! Can you believe it?! LOL
Praying for a quick sale for you!
rue
Hey there Julie,
How are you today? I just wanted to tell you to stop by my blog for a visit....I've given you an award, my friend!
~ Tammy ~
More Happy Belated :)
and don't you love have a favourite old diner? they're becoming a rare thing these days...
and I love a place with great fries...soggy or burnt or bland fries just ruin a meal!
Me yet again, Julie...
I just read your traumatic event about the doughboy...and I wanted to let you know that I'm deeply sorry and I "feel" your pain! :)
~ Tammy ~
Julie,
Happy Belated Birthday! I think your birthday meal sounds yummo! I think I'll try it out on my husband. He loves gravy, except on mashed potatoes-he's a nut!
Keeping the prayers going up for a quick sale & great price on your home!
Well happy birthday to you! Hope your house sells for what you want! I know it can be a stressful time! Treat yourself well. Blessings, Kathleen
Happy Belated Birthday! I am so impressed with the gift your children came up with! Those are truly the best gifts and I love seeing the love that shines through.
Post a Comment