Monday, July 21, 2008

Good news and Merry Christmas!

I wanted to update but I'm going to try not to go on about the house buying and selling. I don't mind reading about others going through this (in fact, it's very helpful!!!!) But for me, it's a roller coaster and I don't like roaster coasters. I get sick on the real thing and this metaphorical one isn't any better.........

I'm just going to tell y'all this really good news! First, your prayers have really been so much appreciated (to say the least!) and we were blessed with 3 offers on the same day! We've accepted one (a sweet little family - the father is an associate pastor and the mother is a pharmacist, they have 2 little ones!) We're not done with inspections or appraisals, yet, so I ask that you please pray that those will come back healthy and great. We've never done this before, so I worry, worry, worry. I feel God telling me not to, but I'm being a disobient child about this.
I am trying, but sadly, failing, the closer we get to the "finishing line".

Second good news...... we are set to sign papers on the new home Monday (28th). Y'all, I just couldn't do this without my sweet husband, all of you out there praying for us and supporting us, and most importantly, our Father. So why do I still worry? With all of my faults and sins, worry is truly my biggest.

Okay, enough of that...... Look what I found while packing! Isn't it beautiful?

Everybody..... I just have to tell you, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!" for all of the sweet birthday wishes! You are just too sweet!!! It means more than you know. All that you say and do means more than I could ever tell you.

Many Blessings,

Julie

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Hooray! What a wonderful week you're having! I can't wait to see more pics of the new home. How exciting!

Prayers still coming your way,
Jenny

Pam said...

Oh Julie- it looks like good news all around; I'm very happy for you!
Hugs,
Pam

Mary L. Briggs said...

I'm sooooo happy for you and your family! And yes, I will keep you in my prayers. I let my 'nerves' get the best of me at times, too.

R~Mary

Elise said...

Yay!! So glad to hear happy house news. Love the music-my mom had a bunch of Bing Crosby records.
Can't wait to see more pics of your little cabin in the woods!!
Elise

Patty H. said...

Hi, I've enjoyed reading your blog.
Will say a prayer for the house situation.
I can understand about the ups and downs. I've had them too. Sometimes they are hard to fight but I've learned to praise God even in my down times. He sees me thru them
Blessings
Patty H.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Julie,

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Hope you had a wonderful day because you truly deserve it! I am sure your family spoiled you!

Wow, I am so exciting things are moving along for you and your new home! I will continue to pray it all falls into place for you.

Yes Julie, someday you will make a wonderful Grandmother! You are such a endearing Mother that you will love your grandchildren as much as your own. You will teach them wonderful things as you are teaching your children. Memories that they will treasure forever because they had a Mother/Grandmother who loved them! Now go make some strawberry jam!

Always thinking of you. XO

Love you!
Maryjane

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What exciting news about your house! It is hard sometimes to keep our eyes on Him and not on the uncertain cirmcumstances around us. Hangeth thou in there! :)
Love the pics of the old magazine, btw.
Blessings~

Chris said...

I'm so happy things are working out well! When God's in the plan, how can it fail?

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. It meant more than you know.

What a great find that LHJ is! I would love to sit with a cup of coffee in the quiet morning and look at each page. Thanks for sharing it!

Rue said...

Hi Julie :)

You have me in the mood for Christmas! LOL

Congratulations on the multi offers! It'll all work out sweetie. Don't be too nervous or you won't enjoy that new home of yours :)

Hugs,
rue

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

This must be exciting, Julie! It's natural to worry! I can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

Tammy

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on the house sale and purchase!

That old magazine is really great..
Penny

tincanlily said...

Great news! Seems like everything is falling into place for you. Hope you are having a great summer.
denise

Michelle said...

Great news!!! By the say...Merry 5 months before Christmas!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Julie, I know how you feel when it comes to selling a home and closing on one. Worry is the main ingredient! There were so many mistakes made by our banker, (her first time to sell a home in her line of work) and we were constantly thrown obstacles. But I just knew the Lord wanted us to have this place and he helped us through every hurdle. However, I cried through the whole month of closing due from all of the mistakes made. It can really get to you. Just hang in there and take one day at a time. The Lord will walk with you through it and in no time you will know it was meant to be! Have a good weekend, blessings, Kathleen

Farmhouse Blessings said...

So glad that everything is working out for you. Such wonderful news.

That sure is a lovely find. Won't that be pretty displayed at Christmas. Like a peek into the past.

Hang in there! Before you know it, you'll be all snug & cozy in your new place.

Blessings,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin