I took this picture in sepia, 'cause we're going to re-paint. See all those little square paint samples taped to the front of the house? Isn't that tacky? I really should have removed them before taking the picture! I'm such a goof; I didn't think it would show as badly as it does!
Okay, one of the things I love most about small towns and the country is the hospitality! But I'm never prepared when that knock comes on the door -- although I knew (and hoped) it was to come. I've yet to have my make-up on or my hair fixed!!!! Anyway........... see that eggplant?That was one of the gifts from a "neighbor" (who lives a few miles down the road!) Oh. my. goodness!!!! Mr. Taylor is such a precious little man! He grew these and brought them to us.
Isn't that the sweetest thing? Only thing is.......I've never had eggplant. I don't know how to cook it or even what to expect. Truth is, I'm a little afraid of it -- but curious enough to try it.
It's gonna have to be fried -- this much, I know.
Now that the internet is up -- I'm off to catch up with you. I've missed y'all all so very much.
You're all closer than family, to me and our little "bunch of 5" here. They love hearing about you (after I've read your blogs) and reading what y'all write. Which, by the way -- You've just overwhelmed me, yet again with all of your sweet, encouraging, loving words from my last post.
My husband would print out your comments every few days (from work) and bring home for me! He's always commenting on how sweet y'all are! I couldn't agree more!
I'm off to find a fried eggplant recipe (fingers crossed -- Paula Deen, don't fail me now!) after, I catch up with you! I sure hope that the satellite will hold up for me -- we're expecting strong winds and lots of rain for the next few days......... Bless those further south of us. Alot of them have travelled up here. How hard for them to have to leave their homes....
Many Blessings,
Julie

14 comments:
Welcome back! I was beginning to think you moved to Zimbabwe!
I thought you guys were getting a log-ish looking brown home with lots of trees in the back. Looks like I missed a post. Either way, this home is so lovely! What colors are you guys thinking of? You know, this could be a spin-off on Pioneer Woman's Lodge re-do! Anywho, keep us up-to-date, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!
Jenny
P.S. Have you joined Facebook yet? I just did and it's pretty neat. I initially joined to see what the folks on Fox & Friends were doing, but now I really like it.
Welcome back, Julie! Gosh, I've missed you! It felt like longer than a month! I'm glad you all are getting settled in! I love your home and it sounds like such a friendly place! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Have a great Labor Day!
Tammy
Hi Julie, so glad you're back! And what a pretty house! Don't you just love friendly neighbors! Enjoy your new home! blessings, Kathleen
hey! I was wondering when you'd be back :)
that is too funny about not knowing your address...
and I like to cook eggplant very simply...you salt it for 30 minutes to draw the bitter (but if you cook it right off the vine I've been told you don't have to do this), rinse, dry, dreg with egg & seasoned fine bread crumbs then oven bake or lightly pan fry...serve with a hearty marinara sauce...
that is how I like it anyway :)
...I think you've gotten yourselves some nice neighbors...always a good thing :)
Julie...oh I'm so happy that you are back!! I've been away myself for a month, but when I had a moment, I would check to see if you were here!!
So happy about your new home! And it sounds as if you have wonderful neighbors, too!
I look forward to hearing more about your new home.
Hugs and blessings,
Pam
Julie!
So great to hear from you! Your new home is wonderful.
You are going to love living in the country...eggplant and all. (It is delicious by the way)
Welcome Back!
Hi Julie! Your home looks beautiful! What a nice welcome you've gotten. Hope you're getting all settled in. I can't wait to hear more about your new home!
So glad to see you are back, Julie!! Your new home looks precious-can't wait to see more!! That's funny that the townsfolk don't know Hwy #'s. I don't know the #'s of Highways back home but do where we live now. I am with Jenny-I thought y'all were getting the older home. Not the one the mean lady was selling, but the other. Guess you were testing us?!?!
Elise
Hello Sweet Julie!
Yeah, Julie is back in town and boy were you missed!!!! So happy to hear things have move alonged for you and your family and you are getting settled in! The front of your home is beautiful! I LOVE the paint chips, have done that many times in my life! Enjoy that little hometownness! You are very blessed Julie! So thrilled you are back!
Love,
Maryjane
Good morning Julie and Welcome back!! I sure missed you, your posts and your sweet comments :)
Your new home is darling and I can't wait to see it in color!
hugs,
rue
Eggplant....I have no idea what to do with it.....but the color is fabulous :)
Hope you settle in quickly
Julie,
We missed you! Love your new home, I adore dormers and you hit the mother lode!!! :) You are going to have a blast decorating that beautiful house, what fun decorating lies ahead for you...
Hope your not to exhausted from your move, bless you this week!
XO,
Donna Lynn
Many Blessings! So happy for you all!
I've been absent quite a bit myself. No excuse just the busyness of life.
So excited about your new changes. I have a sweet neighbor like that too. Miss Arbie always shows up at our door at the right time with a bag of her hand grown produce. She's the sweetest little thing in the world.
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment