Sunday, June 8, 2008

Almost a week.....

since my last post? Isn't that horrible? I've been a little busy repainting the kitchen cabinets and packing boxes. No, we're not moving, just yet. We're just preparing. Still in that waiting room....

This afternoon, we went to the Symphony book sale....picked up a few children's fiction books and some back issues of Cooking Light magazine. The last magazines I bought, there, got thrown away in the de-junking process (boy, that's a never ending job around here........!) I was hoping to find some soap making and canning books, but not even one was to be had, today.

This is a really precious book, though. Check your local library or hop on over to Amazon.
I've been a fan of the library for years, but when you're thinking of moving to the country -- waaaaayyyy out in the country and know that you won't have access to all those books........... it's probably the only thing I'll miss (or what I'll miss the most, anyway!?!?)


Well, I'm off to read the last report of the school year..........and then we're DONE!!!! Well, they're done...until August, anyway!


I hope that y'all have had a great week! I can't wait to catch up with you!
Many Blessings,
Julie

13 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Julie-
I hope all goes well with the cabinets...oh, how I would hate to have to pack up the contents of my cabinets!!!!!!
Congratulations on the end of the school year!
Have a beautiful Monday-
Hugs,
Pam

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Julie, enjoy the summer now that school is done. Before you know it, August will be here. Blessings, Kathleen

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Blessings to you too Julie. (And your banner is just wonderful.)
Cathy

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Julie!

I was twicking my CAKE post when you posted! Had a good giggle over that! To cute! Wow, can't wait to see what your cabniets look like! Now that is one BIG task! Good for you! Enjoy your summer with your darling children and keep us posted on all the fun you are having! Talk to you soon Sweet Julie!

Hugs,
Maryjane

tincanlily said...

I would love to paint my cabinets!
My husband really has one request as far as painting is concerned do not paint the cabinets or the floors. Oooops, I painted the bathroom floor. That is not too much to ask. Looking forward to seeing the new look. As far as my chairs are concerned it may be a few weeks before I tackle that project.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Julie,

I found your blog through one of my bloggin' buddies! (Can't remember which one).

The Prairie book looks like something I'd love! Do you all homeschool? It kinda sounded like it from your post. I recognized the book below in another post The Pioneer Sampler. We had that book. We've read through the Little House books and used the Primer that goes with it. We're on the 2nd go around of it because my kids are almost 10 years apart! I just love the pioneer era! Looks like you found a treasure of a book. I WANT that one!

Stop by and visit by blog sometime when you get a chance! I'd love to have you! My very first blog sounds a bit like you from what I've read!

I'm going to save you on my favorites so I won't forget to come back and visit! I

Have a wonderful day!
Tammy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Hey Julie ~
That book looks like one that I would love to my home library. I'm so glad you found it. I'll be keeping my eyes out for it too.

Can't wait to see your painted cabinets! I just adore painted furniture. It takes on such a warm feeling. I just bought an old childs table for $5 and I hope to paint a checkerboard top on it and use it in my living room.

Its so good to be back visiting with you. Now I'm off to read your other posts.

Hugs,
Lea

Julie said...

Hi Julie--I like the name, too. When I was in college there were 4 Julie's who lived in the same apartment. It was so funny to call their apartment and ask for Julie. I don't hear that name too often now, so I'm going to add you to my favorites. My best friend named her daughter Julie though--after me. Nice huh? Her little girl is 7. Thanks for the comment--come visit anytime. Julie

katylinvw said...

thank you so much for your kind words! everyone has been so wonderful and encouraging!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Glad that you are done!! Enjoy the summer and do tons of fun things with the kiddos!!
Hugs,
Robin

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Good Morning Julie!
I have always been a big fan of the public library! Ever since I was about 5 years old...

Yeah! Schools out!!
Penny

Cindy said...

Julie thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment, I created that blog for my husband's family (they are spread out all over the US) to keep in touch, but they don't seem to want to post much. Sigh. I'm trying to decide if I should create my own personal blog. I really enjoy reading yours and others (I've been a lurker for quite awhile).

Enjoy your summer and thanks again!

Michelle said...

Please let us know how the cabinet painting goes (I would love to see some photos!!!) as I think I will try to tackle this project in our upstairs bath.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin