We've packed around 50 boxes (maybe more) and took them to the storage unit. I've packed up my babies (well my babies pictures -- about 19 years worth -- I have ALOT of pictures out) in many boxes and placed them under our bed. Can't take them to the storage room. No way!We semi-sort of decided that the lady we were talking to about buying her home in the country wasn't going to get back with us (we've been waiting for weeeeeeeks) and took a drive trying to find another dream home. We had a great drive and saw this cool place out in the middle of nowhere! We don't know what it is, but it was really neat.
We found a house, called the realtor and drove back out Father's Day afternoon to walk through. It was beautiful. It felt too nice for me. It was a little "perfect" -- I'm very IM-perfect, so I felt very, very out of my league. With that being said, it needed to be updated and needed minor repairs-- but was basically move-in ready. And with all of that being said, it may be a possibility. I know, WHAT are we thinking???? We're thinking that we need to get out in the country and get settled! We're still praying .... and hoping....Speaking of Father's Day........... our children theme-d their Daddy's celebration around one of his favorite movies. If you haven't seen this -- wow! Run to the video store (or library!) I don't know if you can go wrong with any movie that has Cary Grant, or Myrna Loy, in it! Melvyn Douglas is great, too! This was the movie that changed my husband's mind about black & white movies!!!!
See the "blueprints" on the table? And the sandwiches wrapped in wax paper, tied with twine?Aren't they cute? They really had their thinking caps on!
They put his homemade presents in this old red toolbox that I bought from the antique store years ago. My son donated some of his wood for extra decor! They are just too sweet!
I've painted a few more projects, filled in all the nail holes (from where the pictures were hanging) with putty (husband sanded them) and re-painted, hung a couple of pictures, packed MORE boxes........
Does anyone have some boxes you wanna send down here?!
Many Blessings, Julie

12 comments:
Julie--good luck on the house hunt--that can be soo stressful!! Take care. Julie
Congratulations to your daughter on her first job....what an exciting time!
It looks like you had a grand Father's Day at your house! We celebrated Father's Day and 2 birthdays- our daughter and her son, our first grandson, have the same birthday, and this year it fell on Father's Day! It was a great day.
All the best on your house hunt- you will find your dream home, and it will be worth all of the time it may take. I absolutely love Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse. I bought it on VHS many years ago, and I can still hear my girls moan "not again" whenever I would pull it out!
Have a great week-
Hugs and blessings,
Pam
Congrats to your lovely daughter on her job!
You all did such a fun and creative job with Father's Day! I'll bet Dad was thrilled!
Looks like you are getting closer to that home in the country...I can hardly wait to see your dream fulfilled! I know you are going to love the country life!
Chris
Julie,
What a neat idea to do a theme for Father's Day! That was so cute! I've never seen that movie either...going to have to check it out!
Congratulations to your daughter on her first job and best wishes on the house hunting! Living in the country is definitely worth it!
~ Tammy
Okay, good luck on the house hunting.How exciting for your daughter, her first real job. I love that movie, one of my favorites! I love both Cary Grant and Myrna Loy. I love how she tells the painters in detail what colors she wants and all he thinks is blue, green, white...Have you ever seen The Money Pit with Tom Hanks and Shelly Long...a modern with a twist 1980's version of Mr Blandings... Thanks for the visit today...I do love pergolas.
Congrats to your daughter. And good luck with the house!!! I love living in the country, even if we have more bugs and an occasional skunk or snake.
Blessings~
Cathy
P.S. There is nothing "heavenly" about my son's dog. lol. He likes to eat wood, and his victims have been my kitchen chair and one of the wooden steps in our den.
Oh, we have moved so many times I never, ever think I want to do it again. Best of luck finding that "place in the country" that God has for your family.
Hope you find your house in the country.
Congrats to your daughter on her first job, how exciting.
I will need to check this movie out. I love Cary Grant movies.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Irma :)
Oh Julie!!! That movie is one of my all time oldies favorites! I love it when she is telling the painter what colors she wants in each room...I laugh so hard over that part!
What a fun thing your kids did for their father, you sure raised some thoughtful ones!
Tell your daughter, "way to go on the new job!", so hard to see them sprouting their wings, my son is starting to get jobs and is becoming so independent of late...
Take care and hope your week is going great!
Blessings,
Donna Lynn
It seems that changing houses seems to be in the air ;)
Good luck in your house adventure :)
Congrats to your daughter!!
hugs,
rue
That movie is a HOOT!! I love it!! My kids know a lot of Classic movies..they don't make them like they used to! What a great idea for Father's Day...how clever!
So your DD has a job...thats GREAT!! Mine has been pestering me too...so we'll see what we can do..she just turned 15 so I have to see what the options are in my state.
Love that lil country house...I would love to be out in the country too.....
Hugs,
Robin
I remember those days, Julie. My husband & I moved 1000 miles from home and rented an apartment for 6 months with 3 little boys. We spent every evening driving an hour away to find a home. Finally at the last moment in the most unexpected way, we found out little house in the woods. The Lord has a place for you and he'll help you find it.
I adore that little home. It is the type of home I imagine I will live in when I'm an old woman with a million cats! LOL
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment