No, I looooooooooooved my red cabinets. I painted them a dark, colonial red a little over 2 years ago. They were perfect, for us -- but seeing as how we're slowly trying to prepare the house to sell -- I didn't think that red cabinets would appeal to alot of people, sooooooooooo....
Then, I decided to take some pictures for the kitchen, to replace the ones that are in there. I was originally going to turn them black & white -- but since I still have some red in there, I thought I may leave them in color. Then I just scrapped the whole thing and framed some old scrapbook paper. Not liking it either.....what to do, what to do?????
These are the pictures that I took for the kitchen. In my defense --
1. I am not a photographer (remember my gift for stating the obvious?)
2. It was insanely hot and sweaty outside, when I took these
3. I don't know what all those "button-y" things are on the camera & haven't had time to figure them out, yet ....... HEeeeellLllppppP!
My sweet hubby said that this Coke needed sweat -- he was COMPLETELY correct, but I was in a BIG hurry and sweating myself! Ick!
My sweet hubby said that this Coke needed sweat -- he was COMPLETELY correct, but I was in a BIG hurry and sweating myself! Ick!
These egg pictures just didn't turn out, right, either. I think the camera focused in more on the pattern of the colander than the eggs. One day, when I get hens (and I just must!) I want a couple that lay the green and blue eggs, too!
Younger daughter doesn't like when I do extreme close-ups! I tried explaining that Mommy was doing her best to be "artsy", but she wasn't buying it!
She likes the pictures with the cabin background, better, as well. I'm not sure?
Love this clock! Got 3 of them at Kirkland's on clearance a couple of years ago. One in red, one in lime green, and one in a robin's egg blue. I was lying on my belly snapping away, burning up, and was informed by my children, that I looked like a loon! Okay, they didn't exactly put it that way -- but that was the gist of it! 
Thanks for looking and more importantly, thank you for visiting! Y'all try to stay cool!
Many Blessings,
Julie

13 comments:
I think your photos are great--I have camera problems myself, but I guess I could have worse--LOL!! I ordered the Prairie book from AmaZon--I couldn't resist. Hope it comes soon. Take care. Julie
Love red!!
(And your artsy pics!)
Oh Julie- you're being too hard on yourself! The photos look great.
You are so talented in so many ways.
And yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the cabinets!
Blessings and hugs,
Pam
I like your pictures. I just started using a digital camera a few months back. One feature I do use a lot....the delete button. I love that option.
Off to do errands.
denise
I LOVE all of your pictures!!! The close-ups, the far-a-ways, all of them!
My kitchen use to be red, but we changed it to the steely-peacock-y blue a couple of years ago.
I absolutley LOVE the colander/bowl the eggs are in! Wanna sell it! I'm your gal!
Do you guys already have a house picked out that you'd like to get? I'm looking forward to seeing your cabinets too!
Soon, Chica!
You're so funny! I don't see anything wrong with your photos!
I look forward to seeing pictures of your cabinets!
~ Tammy
I adore red...love the photos! I have something for you......
Hugs,
Robin
Julie! Your photos are really great! You are way to hard on yourself....They are clear and crisp and I love the subject matter!
Penny
Hi Julie! I love those egg photos! i think they're gorgeous! And I love the closeup of the fan too. It would look really neat in black and white. I know what you mean about the buttons on the camera. I try using the other setting and always end up just putting it back on the fully automatic setting. Way easier!
Great photos Julie! I just love red and white. Have a great weekend. blessings,Kathleen
I think ALL the pictures are awesome!!
I love red and I love the contrast in the pictures!!
(I especially love the pictures of the strawberries.... mmmmm...)
Hi Julie :)
Yes he did have sepsis, but he also has several other problems, so he was in real danger, but now he's doing much better. Thank you for your sweet words :)
I love these pictures! I hope I can take some like that one day. LOVE the strawberries :)
rue :)
Wow ~ your photos are wonderful! You definately are not giving yourself well deserved credit. My favorite is the close up of the fan. Perfect!
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment