Immediately, Baby Girl hit the crocheted scarves and hats (she took right to it)! Franny was really reserved and uncomfortable and - because I'm like a sponge - I soaked up her feelings quickly. Then I started to look around and wonder what I was doing there. It was really kind of sad and I began to think, "Is this what becomes of us when we're gone? What's left of us is tossed in ziplock bags marked 25 - 50 cents..." I don't know that I'm emotionally cut out for estate sales - or maybe I just had to get one under my belt? Either way, I kept looking at Baby Girl seemingly having the time of her life and just so full of joy and I walked a little further and saw just what I was hoping for ...... Christmas things, vintage Christmas things! So I snapped out of my melancholy and loaded up! --- I'm kind of bi-polar, I think!!! ;*0
So here's most of the loot, all bought for only $4.00. The antique store would've charged me 8x's as much - at least.

I just adore vintage Christmas balls...

Aren't these so cute?
See that little Santa box? It's full of turqoise matches and was made in Japan 1966.
Homemade ornaments...
Two strands (plus extra bulbs) - all made in the USA!!!
And all of them work - but they get really, REALLY hot!
Hubby and son stayed home to work in the shop! They stained the bench and began work on the shutters for the garage - they just need to be sealed and hung and I'll get some pics. The weather has just been so rainy and extra humid and makes those things take so much longer.
Thanks for stopping by!
Many Blessings ~ Julie

7 comments:
Oooooo great finds!! I love estate sales but I do understand what you mean. It is sad to see how things can end up. It takes a person a life time to gether their things and only a weekend to have them sold. I always go through the house and try to imagine just how much that person loved their home. I once found some beaufitul pictures from the 1800's. I cherish them as if they were my own family. I guess it goes to show that we can't take the material things with us, only the life we lived will count.
I love your vintage bauble finds! I too love vintage christmas decor, my parents have a few old ones, and my grandma gave me some. I would love to find some treasures like these...
See you again soon
Priscilla x
What wonderful finds! I just love old glass ornaments. The photo of the lights brought back lots of memories....we used to have lights like that when I was growing up...and yes, they got VERY hot. But, oh how pretty they looked on the tree.
Hope you have a wonderful week-
Blessings,
Pam
Hi Julie :)
What great finds! I know how sad it is when you think about it, but at least those things will go to someone who wants them instead of the trash.
BTW, YOU WON my giveaway!!!! Email me at peanutbutterandjellylife@gmail.com with your address and I'll pass it onto Kasey :)
(((hugs)))
rue
have just visited your site for the first time! What a haul you got for you first time at an estate sale. LOVED IT ALL! And the muffine recipie.....think that is on the agenda today...yummmm. I can smell them already
I went right from your birthday boy post to this and thought I was on the wrong date...but here were Christmas ornaments and it WAS the right date. Still October...even though I admit to buying Christmas ornaments in October myself..not a fan of Halloween.
I find thrift stores and even antique stores often depressing because like you, I think of how so many of the items for sale might have been treasured and then for whatever reason were deemed of little enough value to be kept, and I see items that at one time I coveted now being sold cheaply...and I am sad that I have spent so much time striving for and dreaming of THINGS that I will soon tire of. Sums up what scripture teaches us about THINGS...they rot, rust and mildew, but family and friends, and the life we lead leave lasting impressions, and eternity awaits us whatever our legacy....for God to judge. Nice and thought-provoking post! ( love the vintage ornaments)
Wow! What wonderful treasures, Julie!!
Post a Comment