Tuesday, October 6, 2009

~:~Autumn Spice Muffins~:~

I make muffins for my husband's breakfast. We used to buy oatmeal pies, cupcakes, twinkies (oh, I'm getting hungry - I'll stop!) for his breakfast but then a few years ago - trying to be healthier - I decided to start baking breakfast cookies (like the Quaker Oats) and breakfast muffins. I always double the recipes and put the extras in the freezer. He pulls them out on workdays (he's up at 3:45am) and microwaves them when he gets ready for breakfast, at work.

These muffins are for our children - notice the drizzled white chocolate? I know - bad mommy! I tweaked just a plain Oatmeal Muffin recipe and re-named them because of the extra seasonings added. This recipe makes 24 muffins.

Autumn Spice Muffins
2 Cups Quick Oats
2 Cups Whole-Wheat or All-Purpose Flour (either works fine!)
3 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1 tsp. Nutmeg
2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Cup Oil
2 large Eggs, beaten
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Raisins
1 Cup chopped Pecans

**In a large bowl stir oats, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ground cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and brown sugar; blending well. Stir in oil, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in raisins and chopped nuts. Bake in a 12-muffin tin at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. **Optional** I melted a little white chocolate in the microwave and drizzled over the warm muffins. - Nope, not healthy at all!

I hope that if you try them, you'll enjoy them. The children like them - but remember, they're sweet - so I have no real idea if they're really good. But they smell good-they smell like fall!

Many Blessings ~ Julie

2 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, just the perfect thing for fall! They look and sound wonderful! Blessings,Kathleen

Pam said...

Oh yum...the muffins sound just wonderful. I'm going to have to give them a try!
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Blessings,
Pam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin