Friday, April 3, 2009

A Beautiful Day

I sort of figured that I must be boring you to tears with all the gardening (especially from someone who knows nothing about the subject) and projects we've got going on.... so I decided not to talk about any of it this time. This is about a day... a beautiful day....

A day when Daddy said, "Enough with the gardening and the projects. Let's take the children fishing!" A beautiful, sunny day that we loaded up and stopped at the little get "everything" store on the lake....
... and let the little ones go inside to get snacks....
.... and bait (eeeeww!)
A very windy day, when the sun wasn't too much to take but was so welcome!
Isn't little man just too cute in his overalls, boots, and hoodie?
And baby girl? I think this might be my new favorite picture of her. She would probably fuss about her hair not being fixed or something..... but I think she is lovely.
And did I mention that the girl can catch fish?!?! They seem eager to jump on her hooks! (This was the only fish caught that day and it later escaped when Daddy attempted to get fresh water for it!)
Poor little man.... the fish were having none of him this day.
Bless his heart, he still has to climb up on the side and you know that doesn't make it any easier.
After we called it a day (in the fishing department), we decided to go for a nature walk. Look at this beautiful flower.
We just love Dogwood trees and would like to plant some!
Ah, yes, it was such a beautiful day. At the park...
... and back at home.

I hope that you're all having beautiful days, as well!

Many Blessings ~~ Julie

10 comments:

Paula said...

Oh it looks like a wonderful day, Julie! I LOVE to go fishing. And I love little man's overalls too- I was thinking the same thing! LOL

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Julie...what a beautiful day and YES your children are beautiful! How Blessed you are to be able to take a day off for fishing!!

The sun is shining here...hurray!
Have a great weekend!

Rue said...

Hi Julie :)

I had so much fun catching up with you! Your orchard and gardens are coming along beautifully. I can't wait to see how you do, because I plan on growing some fruit trees and vegetables too. We'll see how it goes for this year, but definitely next :)

All of your children are beautiful and you're right... that picture of your daughter is wonderful.

Thank you for your prayers. This has been hard, but we are so proud of him.

Have a beautiful weekend sweet friend!!
hugs,
rue

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Sounds like such a wonderful day, for sure!!!! And the dogwoods!!!!! I miss the dogwood trees so much. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures today! Wish I were fishing with you!
Cora

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Julie,

It looks like a magnificent day. Going fishing with the kids, enjoying the beautiful dogwood trees. What a wonderful spring day. I enjoy your blog.

Happy Easter!

Michelle said...

Mini-vacations are just great for regrouping and reconnecting! Glad y'all had such a good day.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful day with us! Have a blessed Easter. blessings, Kathleen

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Julie!

Your garden/home is so beautiful! As always, you are up to good works and teaching your children wonderful values!

Happy Easter Sweetie!

Hugs,
Maryjane

tincanlily said...

That does seem like a perfect day. Have a wonderful Easter weekend.
denise

Pam said...

I've enjoyed catching up with all of your gardening posts....you guys have been so busy! You definitely deserve a day of fishing! It looks like a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Pam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin