Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Jacuzzi and a Steak

that's all I've wanted for DAYS, now! That's what my hubby and babies have heard me "crying" for....... and we've laughed and laughed. When I wasn't hollering out to hubby pleading for them, my babies (my own babies!) were mocking me saying, "Do you want a jacuzzi and a steak, Mommy?!?!" Oh, what sassy children I've raised!!!!

Why the jacuzzi? Because I. am. SORE! Hubby and children built an enclosed back porch and I've been painting it. Our girls began helping me when I began painting the furniture that hubby built for the porch. Thank you so much, girls!!! He built a huge daybed, a table, a bench, and a cabinet in just 2 days! Can't wait to show you -- but, I've not taken any pictures (and I still need to "tweak" it!)

I'm re-planting most of the garden, baking, weeding, painting, cleaning, etc., etc., etc. AND, I broke the mower -- at least, I'm catching the heat for it! I was mowing at the time. We're hoping that the repairs will be under warranty. ???
Hubby's sister is coming for a visit tomorrow and we're a little frantic 'cause nothing is finished -- but we hope she likes it anyway! We're so excited for the visit -- I'd better get off of here and get back to work! I love being busy with improving, but I'll be glad for just a little rest to catch up with everyone!

It feels weird posting without a picture -- so I'm including these of hubby releasing the fish that he and the little ones caught, on the 2nd fishing trip, into our pond!

Now we have 6 fish! Okay, I'm seriously going to shut it and get busy, now! Hope that you're all having a great spring!

Many Blessings ~~ Julie

6 comments:

Chris said...

Goodness Julie, you all have been busy! I can't wait to see the things the hunky-handy hubby has built. *Ü*

And you're no slacker either! I hope you get to sit down and enjoy your SIL when she gets there.

I'm wishing a jacuzzi & a steak (or at least a backrub & a good burger) for you!

Hugs, Chris

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Julie,

Wow, ya'll have been super busy! I absolutely can't wait to see all that furniture your hubby built and all you've been up to!

I hope you get your jacuzzi and a steak! I think you deserve it and you can tell your family I said so! :)

Tammy

Jenny said...

You are so, so busy! I hope you're having a grand visit and get some of the much-needed rest. Can't wait to see your pictures, too.

Hugs,
Jenny

Pam said...

Ok, I have to vote for the backrub and burger (my own personal preference!), but with all of the work you've done you certainly do deserve that steak and jacuzzi!!
I can hardly wait to see your porch.
Hope you and the family are enjoying a great visit,
Blessings-
Pam

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Well you deserve that jacuzzi and steak! lol. Hope you get that soon! blessings,Kathleen

Michelle said...

It sounds like you deserve a jacuzzi and a steak!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin