In the past couple of weeks, we've had nutty and beautiful weather. I'm thankful for both. I love the cold, rainy days and the sunny, warm (but not too warm) days! Hubby is doing well and he's eating a tsp. of honey daily.
He planted the pecan tree on the hill in the backyard!!! In 5 years, we'll have pecan pie --- from our very own pecan tree!!!
In this photo, hubby was covering up the strawberries and the potato beds because of the colder weather coming - but, I've also added a little "'drawing" to show you our plans for the future. Hopefully, the near future. There will be a wooden fence bordering the chicken wire fence, with a 3 ft chicken run between the two. There will also be a small hen house in the corner. That is our plan.
Then, we went to the front flower bed and removed this wire-y, vine-y thing and planted 3 hydrangea bushes. We bought them in a creamy white, but I've heard (and read) that the soil will determine the color. Ugh! We really wanted the tan, light green, and cream ones (to color coordinate), but I guess we'll see what we end up with!
I didn't think that I ever wanted hydrangeas, but as I've gotten older.... I'm oddly drawn to them. I especially love seeing them dried and decorating Christmas trees!
Then is proceeded to rain and rain and rain...... Hubby and babies played board games and little man got tickled by Daddy....

.........while our pond started to fill up!!!!
Little man baked his first pumpkin pie, as a school project.
When the weather cleared, we had to run to the city to pick up some supplies.
Yep, these tacky little shoes were one of the things picked up that day. A pair for each of us. I had promised myself that I'd never own a pair, but it gets muddy out here and..... by golly, these tacky tootsie covers are COMFORTABLE!!!! I can't believe I just admitted that -- but they are!
I power washed the patio -- hubby has a project -- can't wait to show you! It's not been started yet, but supplies have been purchased.
Little man and his Daddy also built me these tomato cages!
The little ones weeded the orchard.
Baby girl and I painted the new screen door -- I can't wait til you see it hung!
Hubby mowed the yard and the ditches.
I grabbed the herbs, tomato plants, garden plans, little man's wagon....
gloves, tools.....
and my new hat! Hubby and children kept laughing at me saying that I was so "cute". I had on a pair of hubby's old over-all's and he kept saying that he wished people could see me. I wasn't trying to be cute, though, and it was a little embarrassing. Yep, even in front of my family -- so you see why I don't allow pictures! Baby girl told me that I looked like one of the ladies in my magazine (Mary Jane's Farm.)
Anywho, time to get back to business.....
These white onions are so cute!
This is the plan: Bed 1 -- Green Onions (2 varieties), White Onions, Tomatoes (3 var.), Herbs, and Collard Greens. **P.S. The herbs have already perished - NOT good for my self-esteem.Bed 2 -- Butter Beans, Green Beans (2 varieties), and Purple Hull Peas
Bed 3 -- Carrots (2 varieties), Cucumbers (2 varieties), and Corn
The other 2 beds are for the potatoes and the strawberries.
It took me until dusk to finish the planting and by the next day, when I went out to take this picture.....my "character" was SORE!!!! So VERY sore....
Oh! We bought the blood meal that Cherry suggested. Thanks, Cherry! I sprinkled it around the orchard and the lonely apple tree.
Look! Here's our new screen door! We all love it, especially the little pooch!
Hubby thought that some people may think it's tacky on our house, but I love it! It's especially wonderful opening it on cool days when I'm cooking .... or when I'm sitting at the bar, drinking coffee... or -- well, it's just a great thing to have, here in the South! In fact, it's one of my favorite things we've done, so far!
It took me until dusk to finish the planting and by the next day, when I went out to take this picture.....my "character" was SORE!!!! So VERY sore....
Oh! We bought the blood meal that Cherry suggested. Thanks, Cherry! I sprinkled it around the orchard and the lonely apple tree.
Look! Here's our new screen door! We all love it, especially the little pooch!
Hubby thought that some people may think it's tacky on our house, but I love it! It's especially wonderful opening it on cool days when I'm cooking .... or when I'm sitting at the bar, drinking coffee... or -- well, it's just a great thing to have, here in the South! In fact, it's one of my favorite things we've done, so far!Again, thank you for checking in on us! I'm off to check in on you!
Many Blessings ~~ Julie

Well, while I have you guys outside...... strike a pose!


10 comments:
Wow Julie...you guys have been busy haven't you?
LOVE the screen door...wish I had one....I want one that makes a creaking sound like on The Waltons. I am very envious of that huge bookshelf you have in your livingroom!
I love hydrangeas..I have one indoors and it is just starting to show new growth...I can't wait!
I bet that Pumpkin Pie came out wonderful!
Good gravy!!!!!!!!! I can not believe how much you guys are getting done around your house and property!!!! Must be so nice to have great weather already.
I think screen doors are wonderful, I am trying to talk my hubby into one on our master bedroom door that goes out to the patio, I would love to have the Spring and Summer breezes blow through.
We have tons of hydrangeas here in Washington, ours are purple, pink, burgandy, and blue because of the soil conditions, I love any color they come in though. I noticed, when I was in TN, that the hydrangeas there were all white and light green, no acid to turn them.
Bless you and Happy Spring,
Donna Lynn
Wow, busy, busy days for you!
Hello Miss Julie!
How I have missed you girl and by looking at your blog you have been BUSY!!! Julie you are living such a wonderful life and how blessed your children are to have you and hubby to guide them! I love your garden and it sure looks like it will produce some yummy labors of love! And a hen house to!! Can't wait to see it and the hens! The kids are growing fast! We have all our children and grandchildren coming home for Easter! I am so excited! We will have 25 here and how fun to attend church together!
Thinking of you Miss Julie and love you tons!
Maryjane xox
Wonderful job family! I can't wait to see your yard in bloom, Julie. It will be amazing.
Hugs and blessings.
Jenny
(You need to come join us on facebook.)
Just checking in to see how your doing, hope your having a wonderful weekend with your family!
XO,
Donna Lynn
Wow, Julie, y'all have been busy bees!! I love hydrangeas, love, love, love them!! So fluffy and pretty!!
I love that huge tree y'all have the swing on.
Elise
Well, farmgirl Julie..you and your family have very busy hands! What wonderful things you are doing. Have a blessed week. blessings,Kathleen
All those projects going at once... Girl, you're puttin' me to shame!
Do you ever SLEEP? LOL
The screen door is my favorite thing you posted! Yes, we here in the south need them and LOVE them, LOL!
Oh, your pond is looking great! Maybe you'll get enough rain to fill it completely before summer--when the waterworks will probably shut off, LOL~!
Post a Comment