Next, baby girl and little man prepared a dessert (for school) from this historical cookbook -- these books are so interesting, there are several in the "series".
You only need a can of apple pie filling.
And a box of gingerbread mix (1 egg & water).
Pour apple pie filling in cake dish (we used the cast iron pan.) Then pour in gingerbread mixture.
Bake and ........ Gingerbread Apple Upside-Down Cake.
The girls fixed each others hair (in oldest daughter's room) while little man explored outside.
I almost forgot to tell you! We had the sweetest visit with hubby's sister! She brought our nephew (her son) and niece (hubby's brother's youngest daughter). I just wanted to eat her up -- she was adorable! We had hamburgers from the diner and the weather was just wonderful! We sat outside on the closed in patio/porch that hubby and babies built. Here it is......

We opted to put up the corrugated tin to keep out as much water as possible and to give it a rustic/lake house kind of look. It will age, over time, and not be so shiny.
I've run out of paint, so the painting isn't done, yet.
From inside, you can see the pond, the garden, the woods behind, & the orchard.
Forgive that I'm posting so many pictures of the same thing -- just wanted to show the different angles. Again, my husband built EVERYthing! We tried the thrift stores, first, with NO luck.We used lumber from the old pool deck and leftover lumber (from other projects).



The daybed is actually an extra twin mattress that we weren't using.


The "year-round" trees look so neat at night - very soft. This cabinet is one of my favorite things that hubby has EVER built! It has screened doors and holds board games, colors, coloring books, markers, paper, etc. I just love it!
We've since played board games, had supper, read aloud, and just relaxed out here.




The daybed is actually an extra twin mattress that we weren't using. 

The "year-round" trees look so neat at night - very soft. This cabinet is one of my favorite things that hubby has EVER built! It has screened doors and holds board games, colors, coloring books, markers, paper, etc. I just love it!
We've since played board games, had supper, read aloud, and just relaxed out here. 
We're pretty sure that we're going to have to add a ceiling fan...... probably sooner rather than later -- but so far, the weather has been just wonderful! We just love our new "room"!
Hope that y'all are having the best spring!
Many Blessings ~~ Julie

9 comments:
That is soooooo nice....I can't wait to add ours on! Lucky you!!! Beth
Wow! That looks awesome, Julie!!
That Hubby of yours is a handy man to have around, for sure.
And the recipe for the apple upside down cake sounds wonderful!!
Julie it all looks so wonderful. My question to you is......what kind of vitamins do you all take?? From homeschooling, gardening, cooking and making major construction...you are one energy packed family!! lol. It's so wonderful to see all that you do as a family! You are truly blessed. blessings,Kathleen
I am trying not to covet my neighbor's stuff, but it is HARD!! Wow, I love your new room, its fantastic!!
That looks like a neat book, too. I'll have to haunt Goodwill for it. I did find an American Girl's craft book that I thought looked neat the other day.
Elise
Oh Julie, I just knew that porch was going to be wonderful....and it is!! I'm so excited for you. It is a perfect space to enjoy with your family.
Blessings,
Pam
Absolutely Beautiful!!! What a great room to add. I love playing games and that would be a perfect place to play, drink lemonade, and have fun. Also it would be a good place to snuggle up on that daybed and read a book. My son would want to be spending the night out there!!
Blessings, and have FUN!!!
Linda
I love it! You guys are so ambitious! After you put the furniture in, I thought you were showing us an indoor room! It's really beautiful.
Now. May I have your husband?
I just love your family, all your pictures, ideas, receipies...thanks for always sharing! I am definately making the apple cake with my kiddos! xo
I love the way you have that decorated!!! It looks perfect. What a great room!!
Post a Comment