This past Saturday night, we went to 2 of our favorite towns in Texas -- our beloved Jefferson and Marshall (a nearby larger town/small city.) We had to leave later than we hoped so we felt rushed. When we arrived in Jefferson, much of the shops were already closed for the day but we were able to walk around and look in a few. The town was unusually quiet except for the Candlelight Tour crowds. We didn't know about it until after the fact. It sounds so charming -- one of those things that sounds so sweet and you just must do one day....
There were many more lights and displays than just this of the courthouse, but it's one of the only pictures I got that night. What's up with me????
A couple of beautiful old homes decorated for Christmas.
Now, we're here in Marshall's old Courthouse square. It's actually quite large, but abandoned. I'm sorry, I really over-spoke about it being abandoned. The courthouse is, I believe, a museum (or it was for a bit. There's a good bit of history behind it. They have a newer one in a different area.) The courthouse square was almost completely abandoned for years, but has been enjoying a resurgence for about 4 or 5 years? There are ALOT more lights and displays that what I took pictures of the other night, but this is the main attraction and my piddly photos don't do it justice.
Across from the courthouse, they have a skating rink set up throughout December. It's so fun to watch the skaters. Wouldn't that be fun to do? I can't ice skate :*(
The lights used to be entwined all the way to the tips of the trees!
That's a Confederate Soldier statue in the center.
Just love these little kiosks selling hot nuts (the spiced pecans are my favorite!) Sugar cookies, hot chocolate, coffee......
A couple of more views of the courthouse..... there used to be so many more lights....???
Many of the streetlights are adorned with these -- so sweet.
These pictures are from one of the MOST adorable/beautiful stores in Marshall, Texas. Only get by once a year........ Pure eye candy!





Insert caption, here: "__________"
Love this piece of furniture!

I've been wanting this ornament since I saw it last year. I told myself that I was gonna buy it, this year, no matter what. Um, yeah...... I guess the "what" that was the deal breaker was the price tag -- $22! For a glass ornament, $22! I adore it, but still....... I'm going to try to make my own.
Okay, this was one of my favorite window displays. I wish that I were as talented as the people who did this display. Can you imagine being so brilliant? I mean, is it just me, or is this really lovely?
Love this, too........ just pull off those tags, put up some wood blinds.... and I could live there!
This stuff is just my cup of tea (or coffee, rather!) Rustic, woodsy, primitive, but still, somehow, beautiful. I would be nervous owning something so $$, though. The coffee mugs that went to this set were $29 each!!!! I told hubby, that it makes me want to get a kiln and get busy....
(did I mention that I don't have a clue how to do ceramics? -- I'm up for learning, though!)
Well, thank you for stopping by! I hope that you enjoyed the pictures (and that I didn't overload you!) I finally completed the new Christmas stockings. I'll try to get some decent pictures of those to post along with the few (not too blurry) pictures from our annual trip to Natchitoches.
A couple of beautiful old homes decorated for Christmas.
Now, we're here in Marshall's old Courthouse square. It's actually quite large, but abandoned. I'm sorry, I really over-spoke about it being abandoned. The courthouse is, I believe, a museum (or it was for a bit. There's a good bit of history behind it. They have a newer one in a different area.) The courthouse square was almost completely abandoned for years, but has been enjoying a resurgence for about 4 or 5 years? There are ALOT more lights and displays that what I took pictures of the other night, but this is the main attraction and my piddly photos don't do it justice.
Across from the courthouse, they have a skating rink set up throughout December. It's so fun to watch the skaters. Wouldn't that be fun to do? I can't ice skate :*(
The lights used to be entwined all the way to the tips of the trees!
That's a Confederate Soldier statue in the center.
Just love these little kiosks selling hot nuts (the spiced pecans are my favorite!) Sugar cookies, hot chocolate, coffee......
A couple of more views of the courthouse..... there used to be so many more lights....???
Many of the streetlights are adorned with these -- so sweet.
These pictures are from one of the MOST adorable/beautiful stores in Marshall, Texas. Only get by once a year........ Pure eye candy!




Insert caption, here: "__________"
Love this piece of furniture!
I've been wanting this ornament since I saw it last year. I told myself that I was gonna buy it, this year, no matter what. Um, yeah...... I guess the "what" that was the deal breaker was the price tag -- $22! For a glass ornament, $22! I adore it, but still....... I'm going to try to make my own.
Okay, this was one of my favorite window displays. I wish that I were as talented as the people who did this display. Can you imagine being so brilliant? I mean, is it just me, or is this really lovely?
Love this, too........ just pull off those tags, put up some wood blinds.... and I could live there!
This stuff is just my cup of tea (or coffee, rather!) Rustic, woodsy, primitive, but still, somehow, beautiful. I would be nervous owning something so $$, though. The coffee mugs that went to this set were $29 each!!!! I told hubby, that it makes me want to get a kiln and get busy....(did I mention that I don't have a clue how to do ceramics? -- I'm up for learning, though!)
Many Blessings and Merry Christmas! ~*~ Julie




11 comments:
I LOVE the abandoned courthouse in Marshall! Beautiful. Do you know why it's abandoned? And the headboard and footboard at the end?! Gorgeous! I'll take a set too. :)
Where to begin? I love the tour of your favorite Texas towns. The lights are so pretty. The pictures you took of the stores, they could be in a magazine. I see a lot of ideas there!!!I want to come back to look a little closer. I do find myself not buying so many magazines, there are so many ideas on my favorite blogs. Your house looks great. Love the color.
denise
What beautiful pictures!! I'm hoping to get out and enjoy some of the sights this yr as well.
Lordy, what a trip!! I love old buildings anyway, but those with all the Christmas lights were beautiful!
And all those shops with all those goodies...*sigh*
Those decorated homes and buildings are just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing such beauty. The shop was pretty neat too!
angie
Oh what fun! Thanks for taking us along!
Blessings,
Pam
I love, love all the pictures, Julie! Thanks so much for sharing them!
And I love seeing all the work your doing on the house~it's looking great!
Thanks for registering for my giveaway!
R~Mary
Julie, looks like such a fun trip. We're trying to FIND some Christmas lights around here to treat the children too! LOL
Just wanted you to know that we made some little construction paper ornaments with the names of Jesus on it for a small tree in our kitchen and through the entire process, we played the Christmas music from your blog. We just loved the song ~ The Way, The Truth, The Life! We had never heard it before but we've all added it to our playlists and the boys rushed to have their dad hear it when he returned from work.
Just wanted you to know that you blessed us that day!
Blessings my friend,
Lea
... and Luke (14)said your blog title just makes him hungry! LOL
Smiles,
Lea
Those were such great pictures! And that ornament is beautiful but I do agree, $22 is a bit much for an ornament. Wait for the after-Christmas sale and enjoy it next year!
Julie,
I'm with you, I could move right on in!! I wish I had that knack for decorating like that. Gorgeous stuff in there!!
Merry Christmas!!
Elise
Post a Comment